Author Topic: PHOTOS: atop BoA Bldg 210 Main St (Part 1 of 3)  (Read 4396 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
PHOTOS: atop BoA Bldg 210 Main St (Part 1 of 3)
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
I was looking for a new direction for my local photography that I would really enjoy. It didn't take long to realize that the direction I wanted was UP.

What better place for that in the heart of town than 210 Main St - the majestic (and empty) Bank of America/Summit/United Jersey/Peoples Trust building (first picture). This 12-story edifice was Bergen County's first skyscraper when it was built in the late 1920s.

But I would need some help getting in.........and up.

I got permission from building owner Joe Berardo after Steve Leitner of NAI/Hanson and Al Dib arranged access. I had never met Joe or Steve before, but they turned out to be great guys who were as helpful as can be - IMMENSE thanks to both gentlemen............and to you too, Al.

We all met in back by the bank's old drive-in recently. Although I've been with every bank incarnation listed above, I had never been inside this particular building, so walking into the darkened 3-story-high banking room was quite a revelation.

(Before I forget, you can click on the photos to enlarge them)

I shot long exposures facing the back and front with the only light coming from outside the building's entrances (second and third pictures). The clock is stopped at 5:10. Downstairs is where the safe is located (fourth picture).

I don't recall which floor the board room is on (fifth picture). At the end of that gorgeous table you can see a fireplace. The open door to the left led to the kitchen.

The main roof is 10 stories up and the higher front part of the building (where the flag pole is) is 12 stories (sixth picture). We hit the main roof first.

The seventh picture looks straight down to Main St. The eighth shows the Susquehanna RR tracks crossing the river into Bogota. You may recall when I shot that crossing from the Bogota side last Spring. The old trolley tracks parallel the RR tracks. You can also see a siding that ran to The Record building.

The ninth photo, of course, is the Bergen County Courthouse.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:49:23 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness