Author Topic: Holy Trinity School Closing in June  (Read 18102 times)

Offline regina

• View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity School Closing in June
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
I believe that there are a number of the students who attend HTS are not even from Hackensack. So, they may not choose any of the options presented.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »

Offline Warren from Summit Ave

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 04:48:20 PM »
Kathy P, You said you started the new school in 5th grade. You must have been a year ahead of me. I started in the new school (transfer from Fairmount) in 4th grade in 1957. We moved to Upper Saddle River in June 1958 so that was my only year at Holy Trinity. (Though I was baptized there, made my first communion there, and my family had ben parishioners from 1947-1958) I graduated from St. Paul's in Ramsey in 1962. My 4th grade teachers were both lay women, Mrs. Benson and Mrs. Fiori. We had a nun for religion. - Warren

Offline WarrenG

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
Hey Warren from Summit, I guess we went to HTS together for 1/2 year as I started at HTS after Christmas in 4th grade and graduated from there in '62!  I believe I was in 4A that first year.  AND,  in late '62 we moved to Ramsey and went to St. Paul on Wyckoff Ave. while I went to Don Bosco.  I remember Mrs. Benson (5th grade) and Mrs. Fiore (7th grade, had a white '60 Dodge Phoenix that she let me try to move out of the funeral zone one day!).  Sr. Anne Francis was 6th grade. Sr. Anne Roberta was 8th grade, and of course ancient Sr. Louise presided over all.  Those were the days...
Sorry KathyG (nowP), I don't recall anyone in other class years.

Offline WarrenG

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Sorry, I forgot my real question:  What ever happened to the HTS Convent next door??  I can't imagine it serving any school function.  I was in there a few times helping Sr. Anne Roberta carry stuff to their dining room downstairs.

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
I answered this question when you asked it in the "New tenant at Holy Trinity School" topic.

The convent is still there. Nuns live there, but I don't know how many...........very few, I would imagine. Sr Emily (Sr Louise's successor) is still there, I think.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

anything