Author Topic: The "Dweetmania - Live at Dweet's" 1978 Album  (Read 10070 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
The "Dweetmania - Live at Dweet's" 1978 Album
« on: December 26, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
The album was recorded live at Dweet's Royal Oak, 604 Main St Hackensack, on Monday, March 20, 1978.

THE FRONT COVER

The small pictures, from upper left to upper right, are:

Terry Hogan (the Hulkster?)

Roy Atkinson

Dweet

Phil Cenicola (I shot this guy when he appeared on The Uncle Floyd Show performing the same song that he does on this album - "Louie Coletti")

Peter Scance

David Scance

See the peach in the upper right corner? All graphics on the covers and sleeve were done by Peach Arts, which used to be at 817 Main St (and which did some snazzy business cards for me a decade later - where's Tom Flynn these days?)

As the graphic in the upper left indicates, the album was engineered and mixed at Fox Recording Studios, located at 9-11 Station Square in Rutherford.

Next to that graphic is a small sticker on which someone wrote the word "crazy". This was on the album when I bought it on eBay years ago.

THE BACK COVER

Self-explanatory.

THE SLEEVE 1

The small writing along the top and upper right side are Peach Arts credits. In the bottom left is the Royal Oak's Sanitary Inspection Report. In the upper right is the Hackensack sign. The city was apparently not in motion yet - it was just the "Capital City of Bergen County". The bottom line on the sign is superimposed and says "Home of Dweet's Royal Oak 604 Main Street".

Aside from Dweet, I couldn't tell you who any of the pictured people are.

THE SLEEVE 2 (not pictured)

The other side of the sleeve shows mostly a long story that's basically a blurb for Fox Studios. There's also a drawing of a fox, a small picture of Fox guys, and the studio logo.

RECORD LABELS/TRACK LISTINGS

Dweet wants everyone to know that there's no Side 1 - just 2 and 3. What a cutup that guy is!

"Louie Coletti", as I recall, was sung by Phil while wearing two sides-of-his-head face masks - one male, one female. When he sang the "Freddy" part, he'd turn to that side and "Betty" faced you on her parts. "Louie" faced you straight-on.

So here's Phil and his alternating bass and falsetto voices right from the album (Audio only):

View My Video
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:12:40 PM by Editor »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness