Author Topic: Snow Storm: Garbage Collection Suspended/No Parking When Road is Snow Covered.  (Read 5268 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
From the City's website: http://www.hackensack.org/controls/eventview.aspx?MODE=SINGLE&ID=505

Notice: Due to inclement weather, garbage collection scheduled for Friday, February 26, 2010 will be collected on Monday, March 1, 2010.

In addition, please observe all "No Parking When Road is Snow Covered" signs and move cars off-street whenever possible to make way for snow plows.

See also:  Snow Removal/No Parking When Road is Snow Covered

Please tell your neighbors. Thank you for your cooperation.

City of Hackensack

Offline averagejoe

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
heres the problem editor.i called dpw this afternoon to address this question.i was told to put garbage out tonight.and if its not picked up tonight it will be picked up monday.my can is out.and out it stays!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
I put mine out too.  So long as we don't expect it to be picked up until Monday- that's the message.  They need the trucks.

Speaking of snow.  I just shoveled (again).  This "snow" is ridiculously heavy and sticky.  Shoveling is almost comical.  It takes as much effort to get the snow off the shovel as is does to get it on.

Even if you have a snow blower, don't wait.  Shovel it every few hours.  Use your legs, not your back.  Take plenty of aspirin. I'm dreading tomorrow's dig-out.  I hear the worst is yet to come.   :-\