General Category > Hackensack Discussion

BLeafe - Putting a Face to a Name

<< < (2/2)

Chief Oratam:

Sorry for the delay at getting back to this, but by the time I saw it it was to late anyhow....

Bob....Channel 13 had a special on Monday night..4-12-10..and I would almost swear I saw a 2 second shot of you on this special...... There is a link to it at the bottom..... I dont see any replay of it this week, but maybe next year.....unless you want to contact them maybe you can purchase it .....but it was a 2 second blip...and maybe it wasnt you...It was very informative though.....

http://www.thirteen.org/schedule_search/?broadcastId=25207.2102.2010-04-12.21%3A00%3A00.1

BLeafe:
I saw the listing right after it aired.  >:(

It doesn't seem to be on any of the local PBS stations' upcoming schedules, but I found it on hulu.com:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1174115155/

I haven't watched it yet, but thanks for the reminder.

BLeafe:
WELLLLL..............it's only taken 11 years, but I've finally found some more information AND a photo of a classmate of mine getting the shot. And once again, the provider of all this bonus material is none other than Detective Mom.

In a box that contains my Baby Book, I found a whole slew of newspaper articles, pictures, papers, notices, and polio vaccine information etc., under that book, including one that mentions - in the vaguest terms - how Holy Trinity managed to get its hands on a vaccine supply before anyone else. The ephemera also mentions an HTS bomb scare in 1954, a Cub Scout Blue and Gold dinner in 1957 and other Brownson HS/Holy Trinity School (all in one building where the parking lot is now) goings-on in 1954 and 1955 that I'll post later.

1,2. This is a 4-page brochure that was sent out a month before we were vaccinated:
    a). Back and front
    b). inside

3. The photo of classmate Elizabeth Cunningham being inoculated and the incomplete story of how the vaccination supply was obtained. This was in the same-day paper, "The Bergen EVENING Record" of 4-20-55.

4,5. Two notices for parents from June and July 1955

Click all images to enlarge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version