Author Topic: Bradlees Hackensack Ave.  (Read 8276 times)

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Bradlees Hackensack Ave.
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
Anyone have any pics of Bradlees (where Home Depot is now)?

Offline Chief Oratam

• View Profile
Re: Bradlees Hackensack Ave.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »

I remember it was a Two Guy's before it was Bradlee's...

Target, K-Mart, Sear's of now a days...... can't hold a candle to stores like Modell's and Two Guy's, Old Valley Fair, not the Valley Fair of recent years.....Bradlee's was OK though...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:45:10 PM by Chief Oratam »

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
Valley Fair was "The" place to shop when I was a kid...I never even saw a mall till I was a teenager.

Offline Top of the Hill

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:57:36 PM »
My sister used to work at Bradlees, but don't have any pictures. Chief mentions Modell's... man that place was the best... had everything. The grocery store upstairs had a conveyor belt and roller system that allowed for your groceries to be put in bins and then dispatched to the parking lot area downstairs where you would line up with your car and load them in. As a kid I always wanted to sneak into a bin and take a ride. Used to buy my record albums and MAD paperbacks at Modells. In the 60's and 70's who needed a mall, you had Modells.

Offline Former Euclidean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
I remember going to Modell's with my dad and his best friend Joe.  I can't remember anything that they purchased at the store, but I do remember that my reward for helping them was a roll or two of caps for my cap gun!  For some reason their caps were more "powerful" than those purchased elsewhere and I remember Dad kidding me that they were illegal and to hide them once we left the store.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline WarrenG

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »
Modell's was really the best!!!  I always rode my bike over there and spent lots of hours 'shopping'.  As I recall, there were individual vendors signed up for different departments.  I spent lots of time visiting the different 'stores', and I remember buying my first set of 'luggage' there just before I left for college.

anything