Author Topic: Construction on Main Street and Johnson Aveune  (Read 6912 times)

Offline hnj

• Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
Construction on Main Street and Johnson Aveune
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:54:16 PM »
Does anyone know what is being built on Main Street and Johnson Avenue above the Wachovia Bank where the old car dealership is being demolished?
More retail and services that will add to the Fairmount community would be great. It is a big piece of property and a wonderful location.  

Offline tuscany

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
Re:Construction on Main Street and Johnson Aveune
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 07:00:08 AM »
I think retail stores.anything will be a great
improvement.There are some other construction
projects in town that will also be a major plus
to the community.

Jerry

New Retail on Main Street...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 11:22:35 AM »
Just curious...

Does anyone know what retail is planned where they are currently tearing down that old car dealership on Main between Wachovia & that new restaurant Prestos?

irons34

Re:Construction on Main Street and Johnson Aveune
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 01:27:53 PM »
a strip mall is going there

Eric Martindale

Retail Development on Main & Johnson
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 04:36:23 PM »
The Planning Board approved a small strip of stores almost two years ago to replace the Jack Schlein dealership to be demolished. Just a one-story building.

I was the only person speaking from the public at the hearing. I wanted some more architectural details, but nothing outstanding will be built there. Just a square box.  It will be smaller than the building demolished, and it will meet parking requirements for the neighborhood business retail zone. Mayor Zisa was adamant about the building having the ornate gas-light lights.

Even without the architectural extra's that I wanted, I would say it is a good development because the car dealership was unsightly and too close to the street. Car dealerships in general are a highway use, and are totally inappropriate for a neighborhood setting.

anything