Author Topic: Avalon Bay/Best Western site/Residential Buildings  (Read 19224 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Avalon Bay/Best Western site/Residential Buildings
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »
So, at rush hour, these hundred kids walk across Hackensack Avenue, over Route 4, down Hackensack Avenue to Temple, down Temple to Fairmount? Do I have that right? That's easily 1/2 hour walking fast. 45 minutes to Middle School. Do they bus? Does not compute.

Pathmark has been closed for years.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:50:26 PM by Editor »

Offline Homer Jones

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
You might need a few crossing guards along the way. Hackensack Avenue at  rushhour can be tricky for third graders.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
Guys, don't forget that the first issue for any family with kids is economics. Does it make economic sense for all the folks with kids who can't buy houses for one reason or another.  Could be a lot of single-parent families, we don't know. Families aren't choosing to rent over home buying, they rent because they CAN'T buy a house.  And that is increasingly more and more people.

The rent there is still less than the "better" towns in northern Bergen County, it's walking distance to the New Bridge Train station, and there's shopping next door.  Whether its Pathmark (closed) or not, there's shopping right there, a 100 foot walk direct to the stores.

Offline irons35

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »
I have been in those buildings, when people are leaving...   trust me... there are a bunch of kids there...

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
I notice that "The Vue" under construction on Polifly Road in Hackensack at the Hasbrouck Heights border is not using light-weight wood construction.  There's big steel i-beams in there, and the framing is tacky thin steel 2 x 4's.

Not sure if this is solving the problem, because everything else in the finished apartment can burn, including furniture, carpets, hardwood flooring, etc.

anything