Author Topic: Ratner Oldsmobile, First St, matchcover w/'57 Olds  (Read 10641 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ratner Oldsmobile, First St, matchcover w/'57 Olds
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »

Ratner sounds familiar, does anyone know where they moved when they left First Street.  I'm thinking Route 4 in Paramus, but not sure

Are they still in business.

Offline Homer Jones

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 01:54:06 PM »
Ratner Olds was for many years located on the north side of Passaic Street just east of thr RR tracks. They left town in the early to mid 1990's.

Offline Top of the Hill

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
When I was a kid, 60s and 70s, I think they were located on Passaic, between Park and Railroad.

Offline Top of the Hill

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
Shoot, I have not been able to chime in on much lately... and now Ol' Homer beats me to the punch.  ;D

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »
wait a minute, now. 

I am not disputing that Ratner Olds may have been in the building housing the Hackensack Market.  But the early 1990's can't be right.

Wasn't there was ANOTHER dealership, some upscale brand, there on Passaic Street in the late 80's and early 90's. Perhaps that was after Ratner.

Offline irons35

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
Ratner Oldsmobile was first located at First & Atlantic in the building now occupied by Hackensack Roofing.  they moved in the 1960's to the building now occupied by Hackensack Market on Passaic St. they went out of business in the early 1990's during the first GM purge of dealerships, and the building was vacant until Hackensack Market moved in from their former location at Packards. Feldner Cadillac then took over Oldsmobile sales in the area until they too went out of business.

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »
For awhile there was an Alfa Romeo dealership there in the 90's...I don't remember if it was owned by Joseph's (who replaced Ratner) or if it was a new owner, but yeah it didn't last long

anything