Author Topic: LaBrosse's big investigation  (Read 6069 times)

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
LaBrosse's big investigation
« on: October 23, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »
Today was "Make a Difference Day" and kids all over Hackensack were cleaning up school yards and parks.

LaBrosse interfered with the cleanup in Borg's Woods, telling volunteers not to remove an abandoned baby stroller from the central vernal pool.  It's there to mark "the evidence", he says.  He is demanding a POLICE INVESTIGATION because someone went in there and took dirt from the vernal pool.  Probably a couple buckets worth.  This has got to be part of some grand conspiracy ?  This Councilman better get to the bottom of it.

Now, Mr. Councilman, why would somebody want that dirt ?  Good rich black bottomland soil, totally organic, better than anything you can buy at Home Depot or the local landscaping company.  And easy to harvest, there are no roots in the middle of the vernal pool.

Councilman, instead of wasting police resources, perhaps you should grab a clipboard and go door to door on Brook and Byrne Street.  Make a list of everyone who owns a wheelbarrel and has a garden behind their house or potted plants in their house.  And then you can do your own investigation, starting with that evidence.

Good grief. This is one Councilman with way too much time on his hands.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:12:09 PM by just watching »

Offline regina

• View Profile
Re: LaBrosse's big investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »
Get your facts straight before you start jumping to conclusions. IT WAS NOT ABOUT THE DIRT!

Offline regina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
You got the whole story wrong and you owe the councilman an apology, ESM. We'll see if you are man enough to admit that and if you actually looked into what the situation was about. HPD was not evn involved and, from what I understand, you no longer live in Hackensack or even Bergen County (Newark, isn't it?), so I don't know why you are complaining about "our police resources".

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »
Those who were there discussed it, and that was the conclusion.  I personally didn't talk with the Councilman, but heard it first hand from parents there.

Nobody could think of another reason why someone would take soil from that spot.  The Councilman specifically was using the abandoned baby stroller to mark the location of where soil had been removed some days before. He referred to it as "fishy" and he wants police to look at it.  The stroller had been there at least a day before the cleanup day, perhaps more.

LaBrosse didn't say if he was talking about County or Hackensack police. If you have any other facts about what the Councilman was upset about, please share them.  Please enlighten us.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:44:18 PM by just watching »

Offline regina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
So without a shred of evidence or a real fact you post on here what you think the situation was. I will not "enlighten" you as to what it was about. Eric - you should ask him yourself and stop spreading rumors. Seems like you are the one with nothing better to do.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »
First of all, you shouldn't assume you know who I am, my name, no less discuss who you think I am.  That is a complete breach of internet etiquette.  All you know is my ONLINE ID is justwatching, and all I know is that yours is regina. If you've read the justwatching posts on Borg's Woods, you know that I'm a friend of Eric Martindale, and talk with him regularly. I am also a supporter of the woods, and that is how I know him. One of hundreds of people who donated money to that cause.  As for Eric, he's disgusted with the nonsense of politics and he doesn't want to be involved with it any more.  He joined some religious organization that doesn't believe in political involvement.

As for me, I have never met nor spoken with Councilman LaBrosse.  Eric says he lives on Brook Street near Borg's Woods.

My point now is this:  If a public official acts in a strange and unexplained way, people who see it have the right to call it out.  Parents and students were talking about it on cleanup day, how bizarre the whole episode was.  How he went out of his way to tell people not to remove that piece of debris.

Does this have something to do with kids in the woods who cut down some small trees with a saw a few days before the Cleanup. If so, just let us know. I don't see that as being connected with the dirt removal, but maybe LaBrosse knows something otherwise. Really, what else could it possibly be?

Offline regina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »
I don't know "just watching" except he doesn't live in Hackensack (but used to), likes history, posts about the environment and zoning and happened to be in town for the clean up this weekend. There are not a whole lot of people that could be. Not much of an assumption considering other information I found online, which I won't post here.

For you to spread rumors without anything but innuendo is perfectly acceptable etiquette? You've made accusations you cannot back up.

If you want to know the whole story, ask the person(s) involved to get the facts. Posting false information is irresponsible.