Author Topic: 7/4/04 Celebration at Forshini Park  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
7/4/04 Celebration at Forshini Park
« on: May 05, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
July 4th Celebration

9am to 10pm

All day Flea Market from 9-5

International Food Vendors

Annual Softball Game between the City of Hackensack and the Board of Education

Live Entertainment begins at 7pm with The Coasters & Cornell Gunter, followed by headliners:

The Duprees.

A spectacular fireworks display by Grucci Fireworks ends the evening.  Fireworks show starts at about 9:30.

Call 646-8042 for more information.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 11:37:52 AM by Editor »

KathleenGo1948

Re:7/4/04 Celebration at Forshini Park
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 03:33:07 AM »
Hi Al!  Just thought you would want to know, that it's Foschini Park, not Forshini.
     I went to the flea market this morning, then came back after dinner with friends, for the music and fireworks. What a perfect day it was!
     The flea market had some great buys on t-shirts, but the real highlight is in the evening.I have to give much appreciation for the way Hackensack just has this day down pat! For such a large group of people gathered all in one place, I couldn't feel any more safer than I do there. Everyone seems to have a really great time. I know my friends and I did. The music was great as usual, and the fireworks spectacular!!!
     Jack Zisa asked for a moment of silence for all our troops and we all sang God Bless America---It was very poignant. And Jack, being the modest man that he is didn't even mention that it was his son, John, who did such a beautiful a capello, rendition of our National Anthem. The crowd was asked to join in, but you almost felt like you didn't want to do anything but hear it from John. He was that good!
    Well, in our group of about 15, we were all very pleased and happy to have no thunderstorms, and a grand time was had by all!
     I hope you enjoyed the Fourth as much as we did. Hats off to Hackensack and Commerce Bank!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re:7/4/04 Celebration at Forshini Park
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:28:59 PM »
As reported by The Record:

A small cluster of people turned out early for the annual festival in Hackensack's Foschini Park, with more than 10,000 expected in the evening for fireworks and an oldies concert featuring the Duprees and Cornell Gunter's Coasters.

"The concert is great - it's Fifties music - and so we listen to the music and watch the fireworks show," said Margaret Pisano of Hackensack. "People dance. It's a wonderful way to spend the holiday."

"This is America's birthday - it's a great day for a celebration like this," said Mariam Ferguson, Hackensack's superintendent of recreation and cultural events. "We're so blessed in this country. I've traveled around the world and every time I get home, I kiss the ground."

anything