Author Topic: Hackensack Middle School Graduation, 1982  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Hackensack Middle School Graduation, 1982
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:53:01 AM »
YouTube Description: Hackensack Middle School Graduation, 1982

Offline Top of the Hill

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Hackensack Middle School Graduation, 1982
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »
This was 10 years after I graduated from HMS, but was a blast from the past to see some of my former teachers. Mr. Alston was my 6th grade science teacher and got me interested in fossils and the human body from a medical standpoint. At the time I considered becoming a doctor. My goals became less loftier as I matured. I recall a field trip we took on a Saturday morning behind the Esso station (before Exxon) on Polifly road to search for fossils. This is where my friends brother had discovered the mammoth.  We found some sandstone there and when we broke it open there were fossils of shells. Pretty cool. It was great to see "Doc" Saichus, my old band teacher. I recall Mr. Riccadelli and Mr. Delare the principal. They even mentioned my old english teacher's name, Mrs. Allar.... boy that was a name I could do without hearing.... English was never a good subject of mine and she really exposed me and was influential in my never liking the subject and doing well at it. I do not blame her.... it's all on me.... I could have chosen to respond differently and put some effort into improving. I don't ever recall having a ceremony like this when I was at HMS, maybe they did, but I didn't qualify and as such had no interest in it. As they say in It's A Wonderful Life.... "youth is wasted on the young".