Author Topic: Teterboro Airport  (Read 470535 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Teterboro Airport
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION
AREA AIRSPACE REDESIGN
PUBLIC MEETING
THURSDAY – APRIL 6, 2006
6:30PM to 9:00PM

Holiday Inn, Route 17 South
Hasbrouck Heights

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2006, 08:58:51 AM »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2006, 10:59:34 AM »
Latest story: For some travelers, it's the only way to fly

"I generally think the terrorists do something new each time," said Bruce Schneier, a security technology consultant and author. "It is a big hole in the system."

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
TEB Whistle Blower
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2006, 12:51:13 AM »
This showed up on AVWeb

ATC Staffing

I am a controller at TEB airport [Teterboro, N.J.]. There are many times where there are only two controllers in the Tower because we are short staffed, and management does not want to call in overtime to make up staffing. We are supposed to have five positions open but only have two on certain days. They usually combine Local, Ground control, and CIC [controller in charge]. The local controller should be focusing on the runways and the aircrafts in the air. With the positions combined the Local controller now has to worry about the aircraft on taxiways has well. Sometime you have controllers staying in the Tower the whole day without a break.

This is a safety issue to all the flying public. This can also cause delays and have aircraft burning fuel on the ground when they should be flying. Safety is what we should focus on, not on how much management can cut back and get away with it. The FAA is going to continue this way until the flying public has had enough or something happens.

Name withheld by request
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:39:42 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
TEB Lawsuit
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2006, 09:54:51 AM »
Latest story: Teterboro crash victim seeks millions in lawsuit

The aircraft was owned by Darby Aviation of Muscle Shoals, Ala., and operated by Jet Platinum Management of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The suit maintains that the flight operated "without ... the re quired certificates, training programs and qualified flight attendants," according to a statement released by the attorney.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »
Latest story: Maine's Torture Connection

The New York Times reported last year that a review of Federal Aviation Administration records showed that on Oct. 8, 2002 only one plane flew a route like Mr. Arar described. FAA records show that a 14- passenger Gulfstream jet left Teterboro, N.J. at 5:40 a.m., stopped at Dulles airport outside Washington and then came to Bangor, leaving Bangor at 9:36 bound for Rome. The same plane, identified by its tail number, went to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where the United States is holding hundreds of suspected terrorists, in December 2003, according to the Times.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »
Teterboro resumes Cape Cod flights

Wonderful. I'm sure air traffic control is ready.

This showed up on AVWeb

ATC Staffing

I am a controller at TEB airport [Teterboro, N.J.]. There are many times where there are only two controllers in the Tower because we are short staffed, and management does not want to call in overtime to make up staffing. We are supposed to have five positions open but only have two on certain days. They usually combine Local, Ground control, and CIC [controller in charge]. The local controller should be focusing on the runways and the aircrafts in the air. With the positions combined the Local controller now has to worry about the aircraft on taxiways has well. Sometime you have controllers staying in the Tower the whole day without a break.

This is a safety issue to all the flying public. This can also cause delays and have aircraft burning fuel on the ground when they should be flying. Safety is what we should focus on, not on how much management can cut back and get away with it. The FAA is going to continue this way until the flying public has had enough or something happens.

Name withheld by request

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
TEB: Rothman
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »
For Immediate Release: April 6, 2006

Congressman Steve Rothman's Statement on the FAA Airspace Redesign Project

On April 6, a public meeting on the NY/NJ/PA Metropolitan Airspace Redesign Project is taking place in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. Rep. Steve Rothman's (D-NJ) statement follows:

"It is clear from the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ignored New Jersey's main concern for airspace redesign: noise abatement. The Congress directed the FAA to consider both noise abatement and ocean routing in their plan for the New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia Metropolitan Area Airspace Redesign. Instead of taking the Congress and New Jerseyans seriously, the FAA decided to make the lives of an estimated 500,000 people more difficult by significantly increasing the amount of noise that already erodes the quality of life for those of us who hear planes flying over our homes and places of work around the clock.
"Northern New Jersey will be impacted the most by the proposed redesign plans. The towns of Rutherford and Fair Lawn, in my district, are expected to be significantly effected with increased noise from the FAA's proposals. In addition, according to the DEIS, the rest of my constituents will get absolutely no reprieve from the level of noise they hear now.
"I do not believe that the FAA cares in any meaningful way about noise abatement or the quality of life of the people living beneath their airspace.
"I reject the DEIS for Airspace Redesign and I will do everything I can to try and force the FAA back to the drawing board for a new approach that seriously addresses noise abatement. For far too long New Jerseyans have suffered because of the deafening noise of planes overhead, therefore I demand that any plan to alter our airspace seriously address the issue of noise. I urge my constituents to join me in making their opposition to the FAA's proposals known by submitting their comments directly to the FAA."

Release Internet Link: http://www.house.gov/rothman/news_releases/2006/apr6_airspaceredesign.htm

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2006, 12:41:54 AM »
Latest story:  NO RUSH, NO MUSH

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2006, 11:07:21 AM »
Latest story: Jet set economy

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
Latest story:  More planes, more noise

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »
Latest story: Corporate Execs Use Company Planes As Their Own

The allure of a private plane waiting at a private hangar at a small airport, like Teterboro in New Jersey, can be great. Many executives negotiate their exit packages to keep the perk as long as possible.

Again, this is why you can't have a conversation with your children in your own backyard.  Joe Corporate needs to see the world.  Now he has a golden parachute and a plane. 

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »
Latest story:  Mayors unhappy with airspace plan

Responses to article: More Views

The FAA is deaf to the safety of New Jerseyans. It seems more concerned with money, the "very large percentage of gross national product that comes from aviation" -- the words of Steve Kelley, the FAA's acting manager of the Eastern Region airspace.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2006, 09:34:31 AM »