Author Topic: 2012 School Board election mailing mistake  (Read 4546 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
2012 School Board election mailing mistake
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
I have zero interest in this election, but I'm not happy with a piece of campaign literature I received in the mail today from the team of Stein, Miello & Nunnermacker.

It was addressed to me and a woman who lives in another apartment in my building with whom I have no connection other than the fact that we both happen to live in the same building. No apartment number was shown in the address.

If you looked at the envelope, you'd think we were a couple living together.

Unfortunately, no phone or email contact information for this team was included in their mailing, so I'll just vent here and hope that someone connected with them stumbles across this.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 School Board election mailing mistake
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
Sounds like someone is trying to play cupid.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: 2012 School Board election mailing mistake
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
Uncounted votes change winner of Hackensack school board seat
Wednesday April 18, 2012, 6:38 PM
BY KIM LUEDDEKE
STAFF WRITER
The Record

HACKENSACK – The winners of Tuesday’s school board elections are Mark A. Stein, Jason Nunnermacker and Kevon Larkins, according to unofficial results provided by the county Wednesday.

Early reports from the district had Toni M. Miello, not Larkins, winning, based on incomplete results from the Hackensack city clerk’s office. Those results did not include votes from one machine, which could not be read Tuesday night because of a poll worker error, City Clerk Debbie Heck said.

Once those results were included, Stein and Nunnermacker remained the two top vote-getters with 779 and 754 votes, respectively. Larkins then bumped up to third place with 718 votes; Miello dropped to fourth, with 704 votes.

The added votes did not change the result for the district’s proposed 2012-2013 tax levy, which was approved by a vote of 734 to 394.

Email: lueddeke@northjersey.com