Author Topic: Stuff I've tried in Hackensack and you should too  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Stuff I've tried in Hackensack and you should too
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
Stuff I've tried in Hackensack and you should too:

Been doing boxing training with Don Somerville. He teaches mornings and evenings in the Bergen PAL on Hackensack Ave. Go to him and get a killer workout. Get into it and do it regular, get the glovers and wraps and weighted jump rope and an interval timer and keep it up regular. I can post Don's number if anyone wants

Ice house hackensack. There's adult hockey leagues there. The more amateur divisions play on Sundays

Battista dance studios (Now Rogers dance studio). Go learn dancing. It's awesome. Though I actually would NOT recommend them. They focused too much on perfect form way too early before I knew any moves. Also, they're kind of expensive. Now that I'm in South Jersey weekdays I found a good dance instructor. Up here where's a good one? I don't know. But they're a convenient place for social dances to practice. Though I might not recommend that either, it was all old people. Then again, I don't know how the other posters here are. Ideally myself I'd like to find social dances in Hudson County that focus on one kind of dance. So far only found a swing social dance in Jersey City.
Married? Try dancing. Private lessons are expensive, but they cover a couple. Learn to have fun together on date nights, keep that spark alive, and avoid divorce. If you're into it, few things will keep that spark alive as well as dancing. Christ, this young couple at that swing social dance looked like they wanted to eat each other as they were dancing.

Apparently Solari's has dancing Friday and Saturday evenings. Fridays is more just a live band plays, so it may be rock and not dancin, but Saturdays is more latin stuff, so you could dance merengue, salsa, etc.
So you could eat dinner there and dance.
This I haven't actually tried yet.

Ethnic foods/exotic foods. Bangkk Garden, awesome thai place. You got ecuadorian places. In the Anderson St market you can actually get breadfruit, and mamoncillos/guinepas, and actual African yams, and other crazy produce. The other day I tried canned ackee (a Jamaican things, as is breadfruit). There's also a Filipino place, and I think another one too. One at least near Fairmount park called Tropical Hut. If not their lunch food, you'll like their desserts. Filipinos are like the kings of pastries/deserts. They have so many varieties. You could also head over to Jollibee in Bergenfield, which is a Filipino market.
Go expand your food horizons

Go out and try something new. You're being adventurous enough and not havinng enough fun and you know it.

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I've tried in Hackensack and you should too
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »
*You're not being adventurous enough

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I've tried in Hackensack and you should too
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Soccer, Saturday Mornings Johnson park, 9:30 AM, Field 2, enter from River St where it says "Hackensack DPW", field is in the back.
Will be through the Summer of 2012 at least, the permit lasts that long.

You're not working out enough and you know it. Grow some cojones.