Author Topic: Hackensack's Official Historian is Albert Dib  (Read 6783 times)

ericmartindale

Hackensack's Official Historian is Albert Dib
« on: July 25, 2004, 05:49:35 PM »
That's right - our own Albert Dib, the webmaster of www.hackensacknow.com. I guess he's too modest to announce it in huge letters across this site. He was appointed by the Mayor & Council a few weeks ago.

Hey Albert, are you going to convene a Historic Commission for the City of Hackensack. Can you do this formally, or does it have to be informally.

What kind of archives are you going to set up? Are you going to get the files from the previous two historians?

Will there be a push for a museum for Hackensack, even if it is only going to be open for special occasions.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Hackensack's Official Historian is Albert Dib
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 06:14:15 PM »
Thanks Eric.

I had annouced my appointment in a prior City Council report here:
http://www.hackensacknow.com/forums/index.php/topic,207.0.html

I'm working with a former Hackensack Historian, Dr. Richard Lenk, in reviewing the archives at City Hall.  I'm also making inquiry into how these archives can be preserved both digitally and in hard copy.  Eventually, I'd like a portion of these archives available on the City's official site.   You may have noticed that I posted some pictures on Hackensack Now.

I'm open to suggestions about forming a Historic Commission. Those interested in being on the proposed Commission should contact me.  (editor@hackensacknow.com). I'm not sure if the Council would need to adopt a formal resolution creating a Commission.  I'll find out.

As for the museum, people within the City Administration suggested that some of the more interesting documents, photographs and artifacts be displayed at City Hall and rotated on a regular basis.  This is something I am currently exploring. 

TheTechGuy

Re: Hackensack's Official Historian is Albert Dib
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 08:22:43 PM »
Congratulations Again Al.

TheTechGuy