Author Topic: 1964 Dodge Polara 440  (Read 5615 times)

Offline cookngrand

• View Profile
1964 Dodge Polara 440
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
I am looking for this 1964 Dodge Polara 440 last seen in Hackensack. It belonged to a dear friend who was killed in 1986. His daughter wishes to find this piece of her departed Dad's life and I wish to help her. It doesn't matter what condition the car is in now. Her husband is a gear head and will restore it to it's glory days. If anyone knows anything about it, please contact me at cookngrand@knology.net. Any lead is better than what we have now.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: 1964 Dodge Polara 440
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
I actually spent quite a bit of time scouring the web for clues about this car.  Any information on why it was called Abolisionist".  Was the name in response to the stars and bars on the "General Lee" in the "Dukes of Hazard"?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:17:28 PM by Editor »

Offline cookngrand

• View Profile
Re: 1964 Dodge Polara 440
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
Actually, when I was active with this car, we called it "Partner's Choice". The name Abolitionist came after I went into the service. The two remaining "Partners" are both deceased now, so I have no clue as to why it was named Abolitionist. I want to thank you for your effort in searching the web, I have been doing the same thing and posting my quest on every board that has to do with Hackensack or Bergen County. Finding this car would mean so much to this young lady and the reason I am looking for it is because she was recently asked by her husband what car does she want and the Dodge was her answer. There is no telling what has happened to this car, but I am hoping that someone knows something and that something will lead to something else and so on.

anything