Author Topic: Viola settlement disgusting  (Read 6686 times)

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Viola settlement disgusting
« on: August 22, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
I am shocked by how much this woman won. I'm not suggesting that the plaintiff filed a false or inflated case, or that she deserved nothing.  What's shocking here is HOW MUCH she won. $2.5 million for what.  She wasn't beaten up, she had no injuries. She can go on with her career anywhere she desires.

This settlement is nothing but a gigantic incentive for more of these type of law suits to be filed all over Bergen County and beyond. This is exactly what should not have happened.  It should be appealed, just on this principle.

What's not mentioned in the article is what percent of the settlement goes to the law firm.  Attorneys are blood-sucking maggots redistributing wealth from people, business, and government to law firms. This is exactly why insurance or all types is so expensive.

Hackensack to pay nearly 25M to settle lawsuit of former Deputy Chief Frank Zisas ex-girlfriend
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:45:25 AM by Editor »

Offline averagejoe

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Viola settlement disgusting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »
Then the next time you get into trouble by throwing a living thing against a wall,call a fruit vendor

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
As the "X" of a Zisa, I bet Ms. Viola knows a lot of information.  I wonder how much of it will ever become known.

You know what, Jack Zisa "retired" after he cashed in on the Underwood deal, and Ken Zisa was deposed as Police Chief. That leaves only one Zisa left at city hall, attorney Joe Zisa.  And he serves only at the will of the City Manager and the Mayor & Council.  I wonder when he'll be gone as well. Wouldn't that be nice ?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:40:07 AM by just watching »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »
Justwatching: We get it.  You don't like lawyers.  You don't like Zisas.  You especially don't like Zisa's who are lawyers.  Point made.

Both of you: If you are going to talk about the the lawsuits- talk about the lawsuits. Enough with the attacks.

Offline averagejoe

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
Tell you what,Mr. Editor, if you're Ok with his spreading his venom on your site and prefer no counter-points from me. I happily resign and leave him to you.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:22 AM »
I love my hometown, it's a great city.  The best city and most livable urban center in New Jersey.

It's such a disgrace to see what is going on, and I really wish the City Council would make some public statements to distance themselves from all the police controversies. I truly believe the current city council are reformers, and that they WANT to have nothing to do with the controversy. The problem is that they are afraid to make strong public statements to that effect; they are afraid because the Zisa machine still controls hundreds of votes as well as the city attorney post, and those hundreds of votes could be the difference between Melfi, Townes, and the others being re-elected in 2013, or the city going over to the LaBrosse folks. 

Here's a comment in today's Record from columnist Mike Kelly:

"One concern, however, is whether a city so in the grip of a political machine that it is nicknamed "Zisaville" is capable of enacting reforms.

"Hackensack is different," said Miles Feinstein, a prominent North Jersey defense attorney who has represented a wide range of clients accused of crossing ethical lines. "It wasn't a matter of trying to get away with something. It was an atmosphere of fear — fear for your job and everything else. To me, it's complete control."

anything