Author Topic: Murder on Main Street  (Read 7682 times)

Offline Steve

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
Murder on Main Street
« on: August 02, 2004, 07:05:44 PM »
I knew the man/business owner who was murdered in his apartment above his store this past weekend.  In The Record they are reporting it as suspicious...I would think all murders are suspicious. I can understand holding the name until the next of kin are notified, but why hide the fact it was a murder. Do we have a murderer on the loose? Should other business owners on Main Street be concerned? Was this related to the cash from the store ... something else? It scares the hell out of me to think they are only reporting this as "suspicious" when I understand that he was stabbed.

There has been a murder of a business owner on Main Street and it is only being reported as suspicious...is it me or does that seem odd?

Record Article Link:  http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk0NyZmZ2JlbDdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5NjU2MzA3NiZ5cmlyeTdmNzE3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTM=

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Murder on Main Street
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 10:53:37 AM »
See related news article:  Merchant's suspicious death stuns customers

See In Memory of Bill Di Lunardi

From The Record:

William Mark "Bill" Di Lunardi   

Di LUNARDI - William Mark "Bill" died on Saturday, July 31, 2004, at the age of 42. Beloved husband of Eleanor L. (nee Berdan). Devoted father of Rachael Lynne Di Lunardi. Loving son Judith (nee Sabatino) and her husband Paul Juritsch and the late William Mark Di Lunardi Sr. Dearest brother of Elizabeth Reber and Debbie Piearo . The funeral on Thursday at 9 AM from the G. Thomas Gentile Funeral Home, 397 Union Street, Hackensack. The Mass of Christian Burial at St. Anthony's R.C. Church, Nanuet, at 11 AM. Interment St. Anthony's Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 2-4 and 7-9 PM.

Memorial donations to the Rachael Lynne Di Lunardi College Trust Fund, 77 Main Street, Hackensack, NJ 07601, would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 06:58:47 PM by Editor »