Author Topic: Bergen county in general - getting permits for grillouts w booze  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Bergen county in general - getting permits for grillouts w booze
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
This is really for Bergen county in general. I figured some local yokels could help me.
I want to do Summer grill-outs. Ideally on the solstice, and maybe we play sports to celebrate the long day (since you'll have so much daylight to play sports in).

The only problem is most public parks don't allow you to serve booze, or so I thought! It turns out you CAN serve booze if you have a permit at the Alpine boat Basin, right near my parents house. Anybody else know more about this stuff? Do the Bergen county parks have something similar? Anybody know anything, any details?

Or anybody know a field or something privately owned I can rent for one day/evening?

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Bergen county in general - getting permits for grillouts w booze
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:51:21 PM »
OK, so nobody answered me.

Things I've found out:
Bergen county parks ban alcohol outright. If maybe some municipal parks allow it with a permit, I'm not sure

Somebody responded to my ad on Craigslist saying that Nyack Beach State Park up in Rockland County allows alcohol with permits. I have yet to go to them directly and check.

One place I know of for a bonfire night could possibly be the Closter Nature Center on Ruckman Road. Mark, the nature-bug guy who lives there, lets some regulars use the outdoor fireplace that's there built into the log cabin (which, again, he lives in and houses the nature center). I figure I could ask him one day if I wanted to host a campfire night.
Oh, and there's also the fireplace in the Ruins at the Alpine State lookout hiking area on the Palisades. But that you literally have to hike there, and I don't know if they allow night parking, I htink the park closes at sundown like many other parks.

Just some information should anyone want to host stuff like me...