General Category > Community Soapbox

"Eye on The Record" Poll

(1/2) > >>

Editor:
Members: I would appreciate some feedback on this.  On the one hand, I want to provide "wide latitude" for community involvement.  On the other hand, I wonder if the "Community Soapbox" idea was a mistake. 

Voting is anonymous.  One vote per member.

Thank you.

Victor E Sasson:
As the editor of Eye on The Record, I am unclear on what objection the editor of Hackensack Now has to providing a link to a blog that from its very first post in 2009 took The Record to task for leaving Hackensack and then ignoring the city in news coverage, and I am also puzzled by him moving the topic to the "community soapbox."

This amounts to labeling me a crackpot and attacking my credibility.

Victor E. Sasson

Editor:
Give me a break.  You already said you are using this site to "widen your blog readership". The purpose of your blog is to "take The Record to task".  Since you've been here, you've been using this site as a platform to hurl stones at the paper's owner and employees.  That's not what this site is about.

Victor E Sasson:
Well, if commenting on the sloppy journalism or the lack of news about The Record's former hometown is hurling stones at the employees and owners, as you say, so be it. How can you say this is not what the site is for?

The Record's departure had a big impact on Main Street and the pride of the city, a story that I am trying to tell.

Etaylor:

--- Quote from: vsasson on March 14, 2013, 10:39:01 AM ---As the editor of Eye on The Record, I am unclear on what objection the editor of Hackensack Now has to providing a link to a blog that from its very first post in 2009 took The Record to task for leaving Hackensack and then ignoring the city in news coverage, and I am also puzzled by him moving the topic to the "community soapbox."

This amounts to labeling me a crackpot and attacking my credibility.

Victor E. Sasson

--- End quote ---

Mr. Sasson, have you ever considered whether there is any merit to that labeling?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version