Poll

Do you feel the "Eye on The Record" topic belongs on this site?

Yes, this topic provides relevant information and should remain on the site.
2 (22.2%)
No, this topic does not provide relevant information and should be removed.
6 (66.7%)
I don't care one way or the other.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: "Eye on The Record" Poll  (Read 25409 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
"Eye on The Record" Poll
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:44 PM »
Members: I would appreciate some feedback on this.  On the one hand, I want to provide "wide latitude" for community involvement.  On the other hand, I wonder if the "Community Soapbox" idea was a mistake. 

Voting is anonymous.  One vote per member.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:14:35 PM by Editor »

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
Re: "Eye on The Record" Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
As the editor of Eye on The Record, I am unclear on what objection the editor of Hackensack Now has to providing a link to a blog that from its very first post in 2009 took The Record to task for leaving Hackensack and then ignoring the city in news coverage, and I am also puzzled by him moving the topic to the "community soapbox."

This amounts to labeling me a crackpot and attacking my credibility.

Victor E. Sasson

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »
Give me a break.  You already said you are using this site to "widen your blog readership". The purpose of your blog is to "take The Record to task".  Since you've been here, you've been using this site as a platform to hurl stones at the paper's owner and employees.  That's not what this site is about.

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
Well, if commenting on the sloppy journalism or the lack of news about The Record's former hometown is hurling stones at the employees and owners, as you say, so be it. How can you say this is not what the site is for?

The Record's departure had a big impact on Main Street and the pride of the city, a story that I am trying to tell.

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
As the editor of Eye on The Record, I am unclear on what objection the editor of Hackensack Now has to providing a link to a blog that from its very first post in 2009 took The Record to task for leaving Hackensack and then ignoring the city in news coverage, and I am also puzzled by him moving the topic to the "community soapbox."

This amounts to labeling me a crackpot and attacking my credibility.

Victor E. Sasson

Mr. Sasson, have you ever considered whether there is any merit to that labeling?

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Boy, only six members of this site took part in the poll so far, and I was one of them. So maybe Eye on The Record is controversial only in the eyes of the Editor, whoever he or she may be.

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
I hope you continue to post them here, since it is the only way to respond to you without becoming a blogger or starting an America Online account. I don't want to be a blogger. I don't want to sign up for AOL.

Too bad your blog didn't have the capacity for you to moderate posts and not post the ones you don't like. Oh, wait, it does. And you did.

Anyway, good luck, Mr. Sasson. I wonder how long it will be until somebody actually comments besides Gerri DiMarco or Erin Elson.

anything