Author Topic: The real Victor F. Sasson  (Read 14659 times)

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
The real Victor F. Sasson
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Thank you to Google for helping to make sense of Mr. Sasson's candidacy and attitude.

[Questionable personal attack deleted by Editor.]

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:36:18 AM by Editor »

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: The real Victor F. Sasson
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »
That entire post should be deleted as a "personal attack".  Doesn't matter whether it is true or not, and one party's claims in a litigation do not necessarily constitute truth.  Not only is it a personal attack, it is a political attack considering the timing of this post.

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
That may be and I understand if it gets deleted. But if this man who has been so nasty on this site and others wants Hackensack to know who he is, I don't mind helping them understand. And I am grateful that the court document lets me do that.

He wants you to elect him to represent you and take a salary you pay for.

The court decision shows what you get when you give Mr. Sasson a salary. Plus the name calling and accusations you've already seen on here.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
I'm not sure I would consider that a personal attack but I deleted it anyway.  Anyone can Google "Victor Sasson" if they are interested.

Mr. Sasson is a candidate for office and presumably understands the heightened scrutiny associated with public life. (Related topic: http://www.hackensacknow.org/index.php/topic,2655.msg8224.html)

Furthermore, the linked documents and comments that Etaylor posted were part of the factual record in an official court document that resides on the state judiciary website.  As such, the statements contained therein could not be reasonably be considered "defamatory".

That said, I'm really trying to keep unnecessary negativity off this site and hoping everyone can respect that (even in an election year).

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
Actually, I wouldn't be taking a full salary -- I plan to give back about 25% of the council member's salary of $10,400 to the city or a charity.

I didn't read the original post from Etaylor, but don't see the relevance of my age-discrimination complaint against The Record to my campaign for City Council.

What you call "nasty," I call honest and frank.

Again, I don't understand Etaylor's reluctance to identify himself or herself. He/she obviously is hiding loyalties readers need to put everything he/she says in context.

I'd be willing to meet with Etaylor for a full and frank discussion.

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
My post was a link to your failed appeal of your lawsuit against The Record. Why don't you post the link.

In it, the appellate judges frequently cite your boss' comments that essentially say you were a disruptive, uncooperative and unmotivated employee for decades.

And I wonder who wants someone like that working for the city. But I guess since you're giving 25 percent of it back, that makes it OK.

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
What would expect an employer to say when charged with age discrimination or any other kind of bias?

Every company that is sued claims the employee was terrible, etc. It's common defense strategy to take the focus off what the company is doing.

Of course, what The Record never explained is why, if I was such a terrible worker, I was employed there and got many raises for nearly 30 years.

I'm proud of what I did as a reporter, copy editor and food writer at The Record, and sad to see how low the paper's journalism has fallen since it abandoned Hackensack.

And, by the way, it is Victor E. Sasson.

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »
I'm sorry, Mr. E.

Best I can tell, they were accusing you of being a bad employee 30 year ago. Were you filing age discrimination lawsuits 30 years ago?

I don't mind you being a bad employee. I mind you doing it on the city's dime.

Even candidates with good ideas - and you have good ideas -- can be bad people.

By the way, feel free to extract that compliment above. "You have good ideas" would look nice in your campaign literature. It's the nicest thing anyone's written about about your campaign.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
Anyone as a Defendant in a lawsuit is going to make, fabricate, or exaggerate a paper trail against the Plaintiff.  Standard Operating Procedure for lawyers.  Go BLAME THE VICTIM.  Seen it so many times that I dont' believe it any more.  It's not even "he said, she said".  I just don't believe it.  Maybe sometimes it is true, but they (the lawyers) have cried wolf so many times there is no longer any credibility

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »
I suspect given Mr. Victor E. Sasson's itchy trigger finger, if the things stated in his reviews were inaccurate, he would have filed a lawsuit back in the 1980s when the first signs of his poor work habits began appearing. I can't find any evidence of previous lawsuits filed by Mr. Sasson, only a federal lawsuit filed against him by the company that owns The Record last year.

My understanding is that he was passed over more than 10 times for jobs in the newsroom because of his poor work habits. The judges' decision in the appeal notes that he once used a sick day when he wasn't sick, which is peculiar behavior for someone who wants to put residency restrictions and take away benefits for public employees. I wonder how he'd feel if Joe Zisa did that.

I understand from somebody inside the building he also failed to report to work on his last day, hanging up his credentials on his computer the night before. Some "retirement."

He has publicly called people racists and hurled other insults. Vote for him if this is who you want in City Hall.

If the editor will permit, here is what the judges wrote. I won't go point by point as I did earlier, but you can see pretty clearly that he wore out his welcome with his last employer. I don't think he deserves a chance to wear out his welcome with another employer.

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/opinions/business/misc_actions/a4024-09.pdf

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
Mrs. Taylor seems to be just as skilled in character assassination as The Record's high-priced lawyers. I wonder who is paying her?

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
I never said I was supporting him for office.  I just feel that the character assassination tactic is an offensive political tactic. It's a bad form of negative campaigning.  Mr. Sasson should be judged by his positions and how he conducts himself during this campaign. 

Offline Etaylor

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
Mrs. Taylor seems to be just as skilled in character assassination as The Record's high-priced lawyers. I wonder who is paying her?

As you are probably aware, that was a panel of judges that wrote that test, not the newspaper attorneys, and the judges cited your performance reviews, not anything said by the attorneys. I would be embarassed if my supervisor wrote things like that about me.

And just watching, I am not connected to any political campaign. I don't believe those campaigns are paying him much attention. I think Mr. Sasson's reputation and vitrol stand for themselves.

He has a bad attitude and a filthy mouth. Google his website and "sh*t" and you get 15 pages of hits. You even get a page for fu*k. I don't want somebody who behaves that way in a public forum to get a dime of taxpayer money, including unemployment benefits.

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
You sound incoherent. What "test" are you talking about? I don't believe I have used the F-word on my blog, so I am not sure what Googling you are talking about.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
Is there really any point in continuing with this back and forth?  Etaylor made her point, Vsasson responded. We're done here, right?

anything