Author Topic: Parking on the lot near the bowling alley - how does it work?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Edwin

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
That big Parking lot right next to the bowling alley and the ice rink, in between Midtown Bridge St and Salem Street Extended, how does it work?
There are non-functioning meters, but there are also signs that say "Parking for reserved monthly leasing" or something like that. Can I just park there whenever for however long I want, or what? Is every space there rented/leased out, or just the rows with the signs, because not every row has that sign.
What's the deal?

While we're at it, there's a sign around the sections of one of the brooks near the retro fitness and other places that abut that brook that says "Historic fill, shallow soils contain organic contaminants". What the hell does that mean? I'm assuming that's a notice to people excavating (contractors doing work for the town or anyone) that the area is so old that while digging you may dig up bones, even human bones, but it's centuries old and they shouldn't worry if they run into that?

anything