Author Topic: Municipal Prosecutor  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Municipal Prosecutor
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »
Hackensack prosecutor cited in state ethics complaint

SEPTEMBER 11, 2014    LAST UPDATED: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2014, 1:21 AM
BY TODD SOUTH
STAFF WRITER
THE RECORD

HACKENSACK - Frank Catania Jr., the city prosecutor, is charged in a complaint by the state Office of Attorney Ethics with knowingly misappropriating a client's money in his private practice.

The complaint alleges that Catania violated rules of professional conduct by "failing to safeguard client funds," and that he "failed to promptly deliver" money that was owed to his client.

Catania has denied the claim in court filings, saying that with his client's permission he used money from her real estate escrow account and later replaced the funds

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/prosecutor-faces-ethics-charge-for-use-of-client-funds-1.1085771?page=all#sthash.pZwauxan.dpuf

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Municipal Prosecutor
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
It appears to be an issue with ethics with the city prosecutor.  No outcome as to guilt has been determined at this time.  However, it is interesting to note that the strongest opposition to the prosecutor is the former prosecutor who lost his job and income from 2 of his 3 city jobs.  The question is, does he have any other clients?

Offline busrider162

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »
Is this the current Hackensack prosecutor? If yes, he has other clients.

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
I am neither the present nor the former prosecutor.  As I said, he has not been determined if he is guilty.  If so, he needs to be removed. Are you the former prosecutor? If so, do you have any other clients?

Offline busrider162

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
Hi itsmeetoo, if you are asking me if i am the former prosecutor then perhaps you misunderstood my post. I am asking if the man in the picture attached to my post is the current prosecutor. If yes, i hope Melissa and Joe keep an eye on their escrow account.

If i wanted to ask you if you were he then i would have opened with "hi itsmetoo, are you the former/current prosecutor".

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
Busrider, I did not originally see the picture and thus my response.  I erroneously saw it as a rhetorical question asking me if I was the present prosecutor.  In any event, I again note from whence the strongest opposition comes. I also believe if the current prosecutor is found guilty, he should be fired.