Author Topic: The Day after Christmas on the Hackensack River Walkway  (Read 3119 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
The Day after Christmas on the Hackensack River Walkway
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »
Winter is a good time to stroll the Walkway because less foliage lets you see more river. A blazing sun and non-frigid temperatures don't hurt, either.

The pics:

1. If you go at high tide, you can get good shots of FDU buildings reflecting on still water.

2, 3.  An armada of geese - including the white sheep of the family -  sail by another FDU building.

4. Leftover leaves

5,6. Stuff sitting around the FDU parking lot on the Teaneck side near the pedestrian bridge over the river

7. A sign on the other side of the fence behind Bergen Tech............oops, Academies  (the sign refers to a salt spreader - Salt Doggy Dogg? - what's so fierce about a salt spreader?)

8. A baseball has been stuck in the upper part of this backstop for the last couple of years. Here, it's seen through some nearby apparatus.

9. Brave geese hang out under a crumbling Route 4 bridge.

10. I'm on the other side of this 7' fence holding my camera over it while trying to acquire a focus and frame it correctly via a screen that I can't see.

11, 12. The end of the line: when you see Hooters and a discarded Lukoil gas price sign on the incline up to Route 4.

13. On the way back, I noticed that the FDU pedestrian bridge's support looked a bit bowlegged.

14. At the Martin Luther King statue, the sun was blocked for a few minutes at this angle by a solar panel(?), so I could get this shot with the flag.

15. Why did the geese cross the Walkway? From the looks of things, it was to increase the poopulation.

16. Or maybe it was a field trip to see Hackensack's world-renowned stump collection.

17. This is an 8-photo, 1-glitch stitch taken just over the FDU pedestrian bridge on the Teaneck side.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 04:03:49 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness