Author Topic: PHOTOS: Earth Day on the Walkway  (Read 3426 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
PHOTOS: Earth Day on the Walkway
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:21:14 PM »
April 22, 2015 - This is the third year in a row that I've taken a walk up the Hackensack River Walkway ("Pathway" on FDU property) from Johnson Park to the FDU footbridge over the river to observe the goings-on - mainly, the students paddling Hackensack Riverkeeper canoes and pulling trash from the river.

1. The Pathway sign

2. The King/Queen of the Hill in Johnson Park. I wonder if it had an egg under it.

3. There seems to be a lot of softballs in the river lately.

4,5. The first-sighted canoe. They've already collected a bag of garbage.

6. Approaching the Rothman Center

7, 8. Picking up trash by land and by sea

9. The Riverkeeper canoe launch point on the Teaneck side

10-13. These two students were having a hard time paddling (10). I was standing next to a woman on the Hackensack side who I think was from Riverkeeper as she shouted instructions to the students, who I think were looking for their car (11) on the Teaneck side. They were finally rescued by the woman at an unplanned docking location on the Teaneck side and walked away (12), as their heroine smiled (13).

14. Eight river scrubbers

15-18. FDU Spring flora

19. MLK and FDU canoers

20. Heading back to Johnson Park. No idea what's going on here, but it was an interesting shot to take. It looks like David and Goliath fighting for control of Wilson Auditorium. David has FDU balloons which he pops to surprise Goliath, who falls on his side and can't get up. David remains undefeated.

21. The view of the Earth Day riverside activities on the Teaneck side. The people in the canoe are also in the next four photos.

22-25. I think these are Riverkeeper people, who are paddling down toward the Anderson St Bridge and the big city.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:28:11 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness