Author Topic: Playground trees taken down  (Read 4871 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Playground trees taken down
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
I woke up a week-and-a-half ago to the sound of multiple saws and chippers. The 3 trees that shaded the children's playground behind 40 Passaic were being taken down.

I've photographed these trees changing color for years. They also maintained some privacy for the kids and their families, who live there temporarily under the auspices of the County, which - BTW - will now have to heavily invest in sunscreen for the kids.

I'm told the reason they were taken down was because some of the roots were above ground and the kids were tripping on them. (?)

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playground trees taken down
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
probably at the request of the insurance company ?

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
Seriously?   :-[

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
Yes, seriously.  It's a growing problem. Insurance companies are hitting home owners and commercial property owners with huge rate hikes if they maintain large trees.  And when someone buys a house, they will come by and before even insuring they will demand limbs be cut, and other things.  I can easily see a playground as already causing an insurance hike, even without trees, and they would fear an insurance claim from a kid tripping on a tree root

anything