General Category > Hackensack History

Questions about Hackensack eateries..

<< < (3/4) > >>

johnny g:
Sad news, I remember him. He always answered the phone so cheerfully...."Coast auto, Andy!"
70 Barracuda, 73 Road Runner, 72 Chevelle, 73 Challenger....all driven with Coast's parts

Chief Oratam:
R.I.P. Andy.... You Were a Good Man...
I'm glad I had the pleasure of knowing him...

just watching:
Daddy's on South State Street was great for a while, a place to buy your food, sit at a table and eat, and it was good food for a good price. Always busy in there. Then I went there one day, and it was surprisingly empty.  All of a sudden there was a waiter directing me to sit, I should have left, but I actually ordered food. And then he was hanging over me with a pepper grinder, asking if he can add some fresh ground pepper to my food.  Really ? At a blue-color burger joint ??? 

Me and all the other customers just wanted a place to get a good cheeseburger and fries and a soda for lunch, and pay normal price.  Instead, they though they could convince their lunch crowd to get the same food and pay more for it, and then even more to tip a waiter.  That was the last time I ever went there, and same for everyone else.  It went out of business. All I can say is ==== KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.

johnny g:
There's that place also on Greene St that is now called Sal's. Many years ago it was a different name, I think it may have been a sit-down lunch type place at one point. Another spot that may have changed names a lot

Chief Oratam:
It was Club 80 .... for the longest time. ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version