Author Topic: Putting off getting your car inspected in Paramus?  (Read 3501 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Putting off getting your car inspected in Paramus?
« on: September 18, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
My sticker said "02-20". Fortunately, the state kept extending the deadline. Unfortunately, the line to get in extended up Century Rd every time I attempted it. I'm not sure, but I couldn't find any mention of the deadline being extended past September 30, but I DID find a bar graph showing how busy this station is at different hours of the day.

The last bar (4pm) seemed to be the least busy, but they're only open until 4:30 and since the middle of the month is supposed to be the least busy time of the month, I decided to go last Tuesday - the 15th, aiming for 3:30pm, so I'd only have to wait an hour whether I got in or not.

Good thing I approached it from Rt 17. Just past the station was a ton of construction equipment and the road was blocked off. I didn't see any cars in the street, but I did see a blinking sign that said "Wait Time 3.5 hrs.", How could that be? The line would be halfway up Century Rd. Gotta be BS.

I pulled in and got my ticket immediately at 3:47pm. The line only filled 3/4 of the oval. This is nothing. The only question was whether I'd make it around by 4:30. I took the below stitch at 3:54 at the 1/2-way mark..............looking good.

I took the other picture at 4:11 and was out of there by 4:20 (passed!) with a brand new "02-22" sticker.

So if you've been hesitating to get the car inspected, try this time of day - just don't do it at the end of the month.

Click to enlarge

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Re: Putting off getting your car inspected in Paramus?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »
I got mine inspected back in November the day after Thanksgiving...no wait at all that day, everyone was at the malls thankfully. If I had to get inspection now I'd pay to get it done somewhere, DMV in any capacity is a disaster these days  :-[