Author Topic: Cadillac/Pontiac Dealership, 1940's aerial photo  (Read 6068 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Cadillac/Pontiac Dealership, 1940's aerial photo
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:21:24 PM »
I saw this on the "I Grew up in Hackensack" Facebook page and boosted it.  8)

It's labeled:
Bird's Eye view ~ W.H. Peters, Inc. Cadillac Pontiac Dealership ~ca. 1940

A regular in these boards posted this comment:

The field club is the bottom left corner. the tennis courts are not quite built yet it appears. All the buildings lower center were demolished in the late 1950s for urban renewal. it is now a parking lot for the Eastwick School, which occupies the right side of the lower portion of the photo now. the Cadillac dealer became Feldner Cadillac, and is now a Toyota dealer. the building still exists, as does the service building behind it in the photo. the small building at the one o'clock position was the HFD alarm room. then it was the storage room for Baseball of Hackensack in the 1970s. The park was not filled in at the time of this photo and you can still see the swampland at top center. all that is baseball fields now.

It's a "closed group" but try this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/41132191646/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:24:44 PM by Editor »

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Re: Cadillac/Pontiac Dealership, 1940's aerial photo
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:30 AM »
Great shot! I played little league there in the 70's and Feldner was the first dealership I worked at in 1985...