Author Topic: New song about Hackensack...  (Read 8537 times)

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
New song about Hackensack...
« on: October 27, 2016, 08:50:24 AM »
Hey gang, here is my story...years ago I posted a question if anyone remembered the King Spirit Temple at Park and Central. In one of my musical projects, the singer of this band (an old friend of mine) knew two guys from Little Ferry who actually had an encounter with the "church goers" of that place in the 80's. As the story goes, they were walking by the church and the door was open. One of the guys saw a gong on the "altar" and they decided to go inside and attempt to steal it. They were caught by the "parishoners" and were arrested for Breaking and entering. They appeared in court along with the witnesses from the church who, according to one of the boys chanted at them in something they couldn't understand, successfully scaring the s&*t out of them. Me and my friend, the singer had always talked about writing a song about that...and now here it is...hope you all enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/pyrrhicvictoryrecordings/voice-of-doom-king-spirit-temple

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: New song about Hackensack...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »
Related topic: http://www.hackensacknow.org/index.php/topic,1520.msg4792.html

Fun song!  Are you playing any instruments?

Post the lyrics if you can.

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
Thank you....yes I am playing guitar. If you google Voice of Doom you will see all our releases and info...

L.F. BOYS COME ACROSS THE HIGHWAY
PARK AND CENTRAL ARE NOT SAFE
A "B AND E" AND THEY ARE WATCHING
CITIZENS WHO FELL FROM GRACE, AND THEY DON'T WANT YOU IN THIS PLACE

DEMAREST AND CROCCO
KING SPIRIT TEMPLE
HACKENSACK IS HAUNTED

9AM AT ONE MAIN PLAZA
SOLVE ET COAGULA
PAINTED GOATS AND BREATHLESS CHANTING
ANGELS LEGIONS HOST OF FIENDS
THE BAPHOMET IS ON IT'S KNEES

DEMAREST AND CROCCO
KING SPIRIT TEMPLE
HACKENSACK IS HAUNTED

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:58:58 AM by johnny g »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 11:22:30 AM »
Wicked.  :o

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 01:01:44 PM »
The Song of the Day is now in my music library, whose alphabetical listing places the band between The Viscounts and The Waitresses and the song between "King of Rock" (Run-DMC) and "Knock on Wood" (Eddie Floyd). Sometimes, playing the songs in alphabetical order is more of a trip than when they're shuffled.

Why isn't this song on YouTube? You should quickly film a video up and down Clinton Place at night while the houses still look haunted..............there might even be some painted goats there.   ;D

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »
The cd is officially out on Halloween, and we're planning on a video (we have other videos up on YT if you search us on there)....my plan is the try and do it INSIDE the existing church. The tough part (besides getting permission from who knows who) would be to keep it a secret what the song is about, or what the band name is haha
Attached is some pics I took of my buddy, the singer,over the summer at the church. First time he'd been there since we stalked the KST back in 1988 or 89

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:14:49 PM »
I realize this kind of music might not be everyone's proverbial cup of tea, but we revived the band two years ago (originally starting back in 1986) so we're not "spring chickens" anymore...but we DID start in Hackensack  8)