Author Topic: Does Hackensack do anything for the KIDS  (Read 6249 times)

Offline POparent

• View Profile
Does Hackensack do anything for the KIDS
« on: November 19, 2004, 11:40:55 AM »
Has anyone else realized that Zisa and crew do nothing for the kids of Hackensack? There have always been so many questions to why the kids in Hackensack are always in trouble, or that the gangs are getting out of control. The reason is because the Administration of Hackensack fails to do anything for the kids.

Matter of fact what programs do the Recreation run?
That is always the town’s excuse why they do nothing for the programs. So with the many of volunteers who dedicate many hours and teaching the kids they have and try to make better citizens out of them the city does nothing for them.

I have spoken with one of the City Councilmen and was told that the programs are NOT part of the city that is why we get so very little. If we are not part of the city why do we have to take all the BS from them?

Programs struggle to fund themselves and find way of improving their programs. Some must buy their own fences and others beg for any help they can get.(None)

A city this big and they do not see the light or the future that they need to invest in our kids of today to make it a brighter future. The more kids we have involved in our programs the more kids that are off the streets and out of trouble.

The biggest crap I have read in a long time was how Mayor Zisa states that Baseball of Hackensack played a big part of his life when he was a kid even though he was not good at it. (County Seat) If that was the case why wouldn’t t he put back into the program instead of screw them in every effort they make to better themselves and get more kids involved.

Yes the town has received a new soccer field no thanks to Zisa it was all grant money and the idea of a group of Soccer people getting together to find out how to obtain the funds. Since I am on this subject my feeling is that other sports should have a chance to play on the field’s also not just soccer. The HS Girls field hockey team is in need of a field to play on; the HS football field is in bad shape. If these sports played on the field it would not interfere with the Soccer program due to the fact they play early and they do not have game son Friday nights. The field should be used for all Hackensack Sports.

I am very disgusted on the way the City of Hackensack over looks the children.

The saying in town is that if Jack wants it he gets it not matter the cause. Well Jack you should wake up and do for the child in town. Remember they will be voting for you in the near future.

My opinion is Hackensack needs a change Zisa been in office way to long and forgot about the citizen, community and the children

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Does Hackensack do anything for the KIDS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 02:18:18 PM »
Recreation programs for Hackensack children: http://www.hackensack.org/content/58/211/default.aspx

Offline POparent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 10:29:50 AM »
The Hackensack Recreation does not run the large programs in town. Soccer, Baseball, Football, Travel Basketball, and Wrestling all are run by a group of concerned supportive people. They all have their own board. The because of that the City and the Recreation feel that they are separate from the City of Hackensack. 

Very funny because all the programs that the Rec. runs are total let downs and you have many complaints. 

I feel that if that if the 5 power house sports mentioned above total the Recreation and the City, OK if we are not apart of the City then you run all the programs as many towns and cities do in the Nation. Then the City would be forced to hire at least 5 more personal to work in the Recreation and than they will see all the things that are involved with running each program. Just than maybe the City will get more involved and help better each program. Also then they may see the need to get more kids involved.

But the problem is that the Mayor and Council couldn't care less about the KIDS, Community or keeping the kids involved.

All the programs should ban together and go to the City Council meeting and Rec. Board meetings and force the City into giving support.

Here is a MAJOR PROBLEM The City is breaking the Law and parents need to fight this.

How can a parent sign their child's rights away?

This is what the City of Hackensack wants parents to do now. They have issued each program forms to be signed which state that if a child gets hurt due to injury neglect from players coaches or the kids they you cannot sue the City.

Also they have stated they have minimum insurance and that the parents are responsible

What Bull

So if a coach hits a kid you can t sue the City, or a kid gets hurt on this million dollar Soccer field you can t sue the City.

If a kid goes to make a tackle and breaks his leg you are stuck with the bill.

This is illegal and against the law. The City of Hackensack has stepped over the line now with this.

Parents need to fight this!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now

Offline POparent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 10:12:35 AM »
Parents be careful Hackensack has issued all the youth programs a form for parents to sign. What this form is stating that you are signing your child’s rights away. This is ILLEGAL. What they want you to believe is that it’s a normal form for you to sign to allow your child to play, but the bottom line is that they are trying to push all legal obligations from the city,

If anyone knows Hackensack there is a cover up somewhere for something.

If you look at the fields your child plays on, you see many things that are wrong and why  the City is having the parent sign that if their child gets hurt they will not sure the city. This is wrong!

Look at the fences they are all put up incorrectly and unsafe. The post should be towards the outside of the fencing, none are. The fields have large holes and groves in them where child can get hurt. The girl’s fields in Foschinni are terrible. They have glass in the dirt everywhere since it was a recycle center at that point years ago it all comes to the surface. The city each year throws dirt on it but it does not do the job. The fields are very unsafe and the city will not allow a fence to be put up to keep the players from going into the large holes or woods. The Backstops are all pieced together and points are sticking out which are child eye level.

The Geese are terrible and out of control on all the fields children are playing in their crap, very nasty and disgusting.

The football field in bad shape many ridges and holes fences all put up wrong.

Soccer the million dollar field is great but what about the fields that they practice on very unsafe.

So as a parent if you sign that form and your child gets hurt by one of the above problems then the City is not taking blame and as they state they have very limited insurance so you must have good insurance  yourself.

I contacted Rutgers and they had informed me that this form is ILLEGAL and that parents should contact a lawyer.

In which I did and said that a group of parents need to stand together and fight this form because it is Illegal to sign your child’s rights away but with all the safety problems it  is just a way the City is trying to protect themselves from being sued because of their neglect.

PARENTS BE CAREFULL DO NOT SIGN THAT FORM IF SO YOU WILL BE PULLING YOUR CHILD CARE IN DANGER……………….

anything