Author Topic: Phiefer's/Attili's  (Read 6196 times)

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Phiefer's/Attili's
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Hey gang, I had to run an errand in Bogota this morning and decided to pass thru Main St looking for the old Phiefer's and discovered Attili's Grille....great breakfast at a reasonable price. I hadn't been inside the place since I was a kid... They kept the old Phiefer's signs on the inside and even had one of the old menu's which I snapped a pic of to post here. Has anyone tried their food yet?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:24:12 PM by BLeafe »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Phiefer's/Attili's
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
I eat there twice a week.  Food is great and reasonably priced.

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »
Besides someone coming in for a take out order I was the only person in there this morning...The owner was telling me he had owned a deli across the street too, and also had a place in Newark. Knowing how good it is I will be making more trips there....and thank you Bob for fixing the photo! haha

Offline Homer Jones

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:19 PM »
Phiefers was the victim of the Double Whammy.
Shoppers used to stop in for a pleasant lunch when shopping along Main Street. When shopping trips along Main Street came to an end, the loss of the shoppers was Whammy#1.
Whammy#2 was the close of the UJB building at 210 Main. Now they were hit with both the loss of the breakfast trade, lunch trade and everything in between.
Anybody remember the delivery guy on the bike. When he was out on a delivery mission, you did not want to get in his way.

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »
Funny you should mention delivery Homer, someone called in for a delivery order and they had to tell them that their delivery guy didn't show up today...I felt bad for them, considering how quiet it was in there today (but in all fairness it almost seemed like a sunday, no one on the roads this morning)
The owner mentioned something about "When the bank was across the street", so yeah i guess that did hurt business

Offline Homer Jones

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »
The guy on the bike would have shown up with studded bicycle snowtires.