Author Topic: PHOTOS: On The Hackensack River Walkway 1-19-17  (Read 3514 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
PHOTOS: On The Hackensack River Walkway 1-19-17
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
I started out under the Anderson St Bridge - where some rowers suddenly zipped by - and headed north. I found an interesting new MLK statue angle to shoot and it appeared to be the right time of day to get a shot of the Rothman Center's roof.

After crossing the FDU pedestrian bridge, I found a snowbank/stonebank. Coming back across the river, this sad event from December was still in the newspaper machine.

It was a fairly windy day, so as I was heading up towards Rt 4, the flag appeared more photogenic than usual.

The trail ends as you approach Rt 4, so I walked up between the PAL Boxing/Karate building on Hackensack Ave and Hooters and saw what seemed to be knock-kneed pipes on the side of the building. I then walked behind Hooters and got on the Lukoil gas station property to shoot the big sign atop Hooters. The second thing I noticed about it was that the "quarterback" didn't have a QB's number on her shirt.

Using the barely-passable "sidewalk" on Rt 4, I exited on River Rd in Teaneck, walked back under the highway and then headed south toward the FDU ped bridge. Just before the bridge, I found what initially looked like some sort of sculpture, but it's just the cool-looking remains of a tree stump.

After crossing back to the Hackensack side, the bright reflection of another FDU US flag on a polished surface of the MLK area caught my eye, so I took a picture of it, both reflecting and straight on and combined them.

On the way back to Johnson Park, I saw a little girl and her father (I'm guessing) walking a pair of dogs.

I hadn't originally decided to cross the river via Rt 4, but the reason I did is my other post today - "PHOTOS - Squoils & Boids".

CLICKit!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:52:39 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

anything