Author Topic: The Fun Bus!  (Read 3580 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
The Fun Bus!
« on: March 26, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
Late Friday afternoon, I saw that there were EMERGENCY NO PARKING  SAT. 7AM-3PM signs posted on every meter for all 28 spaces along the southern border of the E municipal parking lot. What could possibly be going on to occupy all those spaces on a Saturday? In my nearly 3 decades here, I've never seen anything that did that.

As of 9 or 10am Saturday, I still didn't.

A little after 10:30, a green school bus..............sorry, "fun bus"...........pulls up and horizontally occupies 4 spaces behind the First Presbyterian Church. Five or six more of these buses could have occupied the rest of the allotted space, but that was it - the one, fun bus.

The driver got out and unloaded a landing mat and a plastic slide that stretched from the bus' bumper alllllll the way down to the ground. What thrills! Around the slide were traffic cones and what appeared to be a folding plastic fence, in case one of the children overslid the runway. He later added a small basketball net that I never saw get used and a trampoline that remained on its side throughout.

Every time I walked by my window, I looked out to see what was going on and saw nothing except for two occasions when a boy had just safely landed from the slide to the delight of his mother and two little girls who also used the slide. At that point, the man packed everything up and left. It was 1pm.

I'm hoping that a lot more went on that I didn't see and that whoever paid for everything got their money's worth, but you have to wonder when one bus occupies 28 spaces that were reserved for eight hours and leaves after two-and-a-half.

Oh well. I'm sure a fun time was had by all - however many that was.

Wanna get in on the fun? The last picture hooks you up if you're looking for a fun job.

CLICKit!

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

anything