General Category > Hackensack Discussion

My favorite paper is not having a good day

<< < (54/55) > >>

BLeafe:
The print edition is getting sloppier and sloppier. The first pic below is the E-Edition of part of the front page of today's Sports section. In the print edition (second image), the swimmer swam down into the basketball coverage. I don't think I've ever seen that before. How could someone in charge not catch a flub like that before it was sent out?

That's not all they missed. Most of four different pages were unreadable (last 2 images).

I think they're softening us up to crave "the much better-looking e-edition". I guess we'll know soon enough.

Click pix to enlarge.

BLeafe:
Here's another idiotic caption from yesterday's Sports section of The Record that's filled with unprovable "facts". In the space of 25 words, there are 6 uninteresting, space-filling suppositions that don't necessarily show what's in this 6-year-old picture of a long-retired player.

A better caption might be, "David Wright sticks his tongue out while making a throw." THAT at least accurately describes what you see, which is supposed to be the purpose of captions.

Click to enlarge.

Victor E Sasson:
From the New Jersey Globe: Gannett charging more
for the newspaper it has turned to shit

READ:https://newjerseyglobe.com/media/massive-price-increase-at-the-bergen-record/

BLeafe:
This is a new one: half of today's paper is a different size than the other half. The front 4 sections are 22"x11" and the back 4 sections are 21"x12".

The picture shows how it looks when you start reading it from the front AND how it looks when you've finished. One's tall and skinny and the other's short and wide.

What possible purpose could this serve?

Click to enlarge.

BLeafe:
I haven't posted on this topic in a while, but that doesn't mean that anything got fixed. Many captions still say that the photo's subject "reacts" when he/she is just standing there doing nothing, but we got a couple of new dopey captions today.

1. Why would the caption advise you to look for the guy wearing purple in a black-and-white photograph?

2. Does anyone in this picture appear to have been "thrown down", as the caption suggests? And when you look at the way the caption writer spelled "Joseph's", do you wonder if maybe he/she got thrown down on his/her head?

There's new twist lately to something that few people put any stock in: horoscopes - something that is usually read for amusement because they're usually so far off.

It appears that a new entity has taken over............one that almost solely involves ridiculous-sounding planetary connections and their effects. Check out these three from this month (and my apologies if you truly believe in any of this).

ONE LATE ADDITION: I just found this sitting for the last month on my desktop...............more great writing.

Click to enlarge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version