Author Topic: City Council Election (Updated 8/3/05)  (Read 140094 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: City Council Election (Updated 6/5/05)
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2005, 09:35:12 AM »

Offline wetochwink

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2005, 01:23:53 PM »
the winning candidates have failed to say whom they favor for mayor

no one expected the deafening silence

Does anyone else find this odd?  Should residents expect to get more of the same type of response on future city issues / business? Where's the leadership we were promised?

Any chance Mayor Zisa continues at the helm? It would certainly change the rumors of him becoming the next City Manager.

But we will find out Friday, when they'll be sworn in and announce their choice.

Then again we may not - I believe I read a previous post that the newly elected city council has 30 days from July 1st.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2005, 09:34:43 AM »

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2005, 01:14:17 AM »
Our new Mayor and Council have been sworn in and have selected their fifth person to fill the empty seat. Congratulations to the incomming administration.

Hopefully everyone will support them in running the City. It is in everyone's best interest ot do so. Even Phil Roberts pledged his support. What will the crazys do?

Let's see if they can bury their hate since it is a new administration with fresh new faces.

They are even rotating the Mayor's position. Next year we will have our first female mayor and the following year will welcome our first Hispanic Mayor.

The New Visions group really has it together.

Offline average Joe

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2005, 10:24:06 AM »
The Record just wont give up...fortunately its become a joke that nobody takes seriously anymore.their editorial on sunday is just another slap at our town.Curiously, they referred to "the June election in Hackensack"-I must have missed that one.was that the election in which their slate won? -as opposed to the MAY election in which the people of Hackensack won?
Good luck to our new council !
(and again,no Pulitzer for the Record)

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2005, 03:01:34 PM »
Average Joe is right. The Record Rag can't even let the new council get their feet wet before taking jabs. The editors should really get a life.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2005, 03:32:19 PM »

Offline hamburglar

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »
I think you should cut The Bergen Rag some slack on their never ending temper tantrum.  After all, the Hackensack election was a humiliating blow for the arrogant Mr. Borg after he went so far out on a limb supporting the angry people.  I thought the editorial was informative.  For example, Borg's declaration that our former mayor's term was "marked by nepotism, secrecy and a failure to include a diverse range of citizens in making city decisions" was something I didn't know.  But I guess that's why our nepotistic, secretive, exclusive voters elected him 4 times in a row.  I also didn't know that nepotism now includes hiring people not related to elected officials, but who may have been related to officials at some time in our history.  The new council should have instead hired attorney Jennifer Borg to avoid any appearance of nepotism.  Oh, never mind.  Her Dad already gave her a job working for him.  I wonder how Borg got his job at the Rag.  Oh, that's right, his Dad hired him.  I also appreciated Borg telling the new council that they should run the city for the benefit of our residents, not for greedy political hacks.  How would our new council have ever known that if they didn't read it in The Rag?  With the help of Borg and his cronies, I think this council might do okay after all.

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2005, 11:05:55 PM »
Hamburgler when you are right, you are right. It is refreshing to learn from 'the Rag' the true meaning of nepotism. Perhaps Malcolm can come to a Council meeting and give the uneducated voters of Hackensack an english lesson as redifined by the Borgs.

I am a fan of Star Trek. On the show isn't the Borg an alien race that tries to alter  civilizations by making everyone think as they do, and if that doesn't work they simply destroy them? I wonder where the show's writers got that idea. Any clues?

Offline irish eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2005, 09:42:50 AM »
You have got to love the Rag !!!!! Malcolm is the only one that can take a criticism and turn it into a "compliment" .Did he really believe when Mayor Townes said ....."With the help of our hometown paper, it quickly became an issue" (meaning the position of Mayor) that he was giving the Rag accolades???

I know everyone was laughing at the stupidity of the Rag...and their intelligence of actually putting that in print....Thanks again Malcolm for the laughs!!!!

Offline hoodeeni

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2005, 01:06:13 PM »
I thought "our hometown paper" was the County Seat?!  ;D

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2005, 08:09:33 PM »
Ferddie Jones said that he would move out of town if he lost the election. He kept his word and is moving to the Carolina's.

Ted Dunn said the same thing. Since Dunn is Done will he keep his word or was he lying about this just like his other statements during the campaign? Enquiring minds want to know.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2005, 10:07:59 PM »
In response to the last post, - the election is over.  Let it go.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 11:33:13 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2005, 11:36:28 PM »
NJN News did a short piece on the New Council.  You can find it here for a limited time.   It appears just before the first commercial break.  You can right click to fast forward. 

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2005, 09:44:23 AM »
Latest Record Opinion:  Something fishy is going on in Hackensack politics

I try to stay neutral when it comes to politics on these boards.  Suffice it to say, I think Mr. Aaron's opinion is nonsense.

anything