Author Topic: John Zisa competing on American Idol!  (Read 32953 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
John Zisa competing on American Idol!
« on: January 21, 2005, 05:36:12 PM »
John Zisa competing on American Idol!

Read articles:

'Idol' hopeful already a star in Zisa family

Mayor's son advances in 'American Idol' quest

Good Luck John!

Jorge E. Meneses

Re: John Zisa competing on American Idol!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 12:33:09 PM »
I just want to congratulate John Zisa in advancing to the American Idol next competition in Hollywood.  Keep up the good work and good luck.  My daughter Kelly, who is also a cantor in St. Francis Church, was enthralled when she saw him singing--Mr. Zisa had been her music teacher in the Middle School.  Again, I wish you much success.

Jorge Meneses
Hackensack Board of Education

Offline Mr. Lemenille

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 01:57:03 PM »
May I also extend my congratulations to John Zisa.  As a former student of mine, I am very proud for his success.

We're pulling for you, John!!!

Hope we can be kept aware of his appearences on American Idol.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 11:28:46 AM by Mr. Lemenille »

John Zisa

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 02:22:06 PM »
Just wanted to say "thanks" to AL for giving me a shout-out here on the message boards.  I'm really hoping to make Hackensack proud!!  If you have a minute, come check out johnzisa.com, which will keep you up to date on the show, and any upcoming appearances.  Hey, and if things don't work out on the show, at least I can finally "google" myself...(and I think my name comes up before my father's!! lol)   

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 09:06:17 PM »
Looks like John made the next round. 

Way to go!

www.johnzisa.com

Joshua Bohanan

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »
John,
congradulations on your continued advancement! I didnt even realize you were on American Idol, but it always seemed like the right forum for you to further your talents.
I havent talked to you in probably 15 years, but I was in a little show called 'Oliver' with you way back when. Again, Congradulations and goodluck.

Josh

Offline BJRED

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 10:27:52 PM »
Watched American Idol tonight and pheeeew John just like you said, thank goodness they saw beyond the song you guys chose......keep up the good work john we're pulling for you, by the way my daughter went to school with your cousin kristen and was friends with her and even though were not in hackensack any longer we still keep on top of things........way to go and were proud of you know matter which way it turns out........but i pray #1...........take care, be happy and stay safe.... 8)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 09:40:04 AM »
From The Record's "Reality Bites":

Monday, February 14, 2005

AMERICAN IDOL: Only 72 remain, but one of them is Hackensack's John Zisa. He barely advanced to the next round after he, Kurtis Parks and J.P. Koehler forgot the lyrics but were given a second chance, probably because they admitted the risk they took by picking a song no other band would take.

Expect a lot more tears this week as the field is cut down to 24.
(Marc Schwarz)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 09:33:26 PM »
Yet again, John makes it to the next round.  This is getting interesting. 

A review:

Next in my list of favorites is John Zisa also of New Jersey who sang “Baby, Come to me,” an early 80’s tune. John was definitely my most favorite contestant of the night. This is the first time in a first round audition that I have ever sincerely wished the contestant would keep on singing. Typically you hear a good audition and it’s like “that was nice.” John Zisa was singing a cheesy 80’s soft rock hit and I was thinking: “sing the rest of that, record it, and I’ll buy it.”   (http://catallarchy.net/blog/archives/2005/01/19/american-idol-season-4/)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 09:46:40 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 10:50:06 PM »
I missed American Idol.  What happened?

???

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 06:09:43 PM »
Not a bad run John.

I'm sure the craziest rollercoaster ride pales in comparison to the highs and lows of American Idol.  Are you happy to be on solid ground again?

Best wishes for your continued career.

Al

Offline Mr. Lemenille

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 07:50:25 PM »
Though you didn't move to the next phase, John, you still are a "winner" with us. 

Here's wishing you the best in your future endeavors.  We're sure you'll continue your successful journey, and look forward to reading and learning about your winnings....

Mr. L

KathGo

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 12:45:41 AM »
Hi John! Sorry you got eliminated, but what an honor to make it as far as you did! I know this experience will help you grow and even make you a stronger person. That last night was so nerve-wracking, just watching it on tv, I can't imagine how you must have felt. It reminded me of OM(remember?), only a thousand times more pressure! You did a great job! Best of everything good to you!
                         Best wishes,
                          Matthew Atwan's mom

CB123

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 05:31:51 AM »
Hey  - what happened to Pattie's comment from yesterday?  I know it wasn't flattering, but it wasn't an attack either.  Are all opinions that are contridictory going to be deleted, even if they are objective?

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 10:01:14 AM »
Pattie's post:  "It was exciting to see someone from Hackensack on the show...but i am sorry to say that I agreed with Randy...John has no vibrato, no tone and no strength with weak phrasing...no projection and no stage presence....hey, not everyone is a relative or a friend...sorry, i was not impressed."

Yes, I deleted this post last night and slept on whether or not it would ultimately stay. As much as I hate it here, it will stay. 

John, to his credit, held himself out to national criticism by competing on American Idol. It's not like he didn't ask for it.  Nevertheless, I initially deleted the post because I think at this point he's probably been through enough and is feeling pretty badly about not making this city as proud as he had hoped.  For the record, the vast majority of us are very proud.

The other reason I deleted Pattie's post was because this was a "feel good" post with everyone expressing hope and congratulations.  It was, more or less, a "greeting card" of positive sentiment. 

Question:  If someone handed you a get well card to sign for your co-worker, would you write, "I never really cared for you anyway. Please drop dead" ??

While Pattie's post is obviously tactless, I'll leave it in place.   

Al

[Click page 2 for more posts on this topic)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:14:18 AM by Editor »

anything