Author Topic: John Zisa competing on American Idol!  (Read 32523 times)

Offline midniteangel

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
    • RAINBOWWAVES
Re: John Zisa competing on American Idol!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 01:53:50 PM »
to the "guest"....First, i am far from a mean spirited person...second, i most certainly missed my calling...i was a voice teacher for many yrs and in a band and played in some very prestigious clubs in both NYC and Jersey but just never bothered to venture...a whole nother story...but anywho....I agree that none of the AI judges are (IMO) truely qualified to jugde singers but except for Simon (whose company funds the show) Paula and Randy are both musicians....Randy was the bass player for Journey....so they are qualified musicians. and have many yrs in the "business" and have the credentials, i assure you. Just to awaken you also, i said John does "know" how to sing...i just was not impressed!
Honesty is like a breath of fresh air!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
Editor's note:  For those who don't know, the abbreviation used above (IMO) was modified from the commonly used chat room abbreviation "IMHO" which is short for "In My Humble Opinion".

Paul

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »
Midniteangel(Patti)... IMO, your post was mean-spiritied, certainly I have the right to criticize your post since it was made in a public domain. Surely, you are able to accept that criticism, right? Your direct quote... "John has no vibrato, no tone and no strength with weak phrasing...no projection and no stage presence....he should take voice lessons or pack it in" leads me to believe you don't think he can sing, not just that you were not impressed. The judges were hired to select the initial round of talented (in their opinion) contestants and then give their critique of their performances. The judges were chosen becasue of their industry status and I agree that does not make them the most suitable choice as judges for talent. I happen to think only Simon knows what he is talking about, but that is because I agree with him most of the time! What qualifies one to judge a pop talent competition?Your credentials would prove my point that education in music alone does not mean one can recognize talent. Thankfully, John Zisa does not need to impress you, he impressed the people who count, enough to make it as far as he did. Just to enlighten you a little, maybe if you were able to recognize talent, you would have been able to recognize your own shortcomings and not have missed your calling.

Offline midniteangel

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
    • RAINBOWWAVES
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 10:28:46 PM »
Critizing a post and giving someone some constructive critizism are 2 very different things....i take it you have never given an honest opinion in your life?  You have the wrong sense of mean spirited. Yes you have "the right" but it is not critizism saying that i am mean spirited, it is an insult...as a musician and teacher, i felt i would offer up some advice and i did not in any way shape or form tell John to pack it in so learn how to read a post properly!!!!!!! and your last sentence just shows your lack of intelligence and lack of knowledge of the music industry. I had no short comings....or if you want to call getting married and having kids short comings, well that is what i did and not that i am sorry but i do have regrets.... and how rediculous a statement that John need not impress me! you really need to try hard and not be in a chat where you do not know how to discuss much!

Paul

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 12:30:21 AM »
I am giving my honest opinion but apparently that is making you upset. You say I have the wrong sense of mean spirited but again I guess we have a difference of opinion. You see Patti, I actually saw the post you left on John Zisa's website's message board where you gave you opinion, saying the same things you said here..."John has no vibrato, no tone and no strength with weak phrasing...no projection and no stage presence....he should take voice lessons". It made me wonder what kind of person would take the time to go to a young man's "official" website and post such comments, not taking into consideration that Mr. Zisa was probably going through a tough time at the moment. He had just gotten so close to making the top 24 and now he had to read what you call "constructive criticism" on his own website. Then when I saw you posting the same comments here, I realized just how sad you are. I find what you did insulting to both John Zisa and those fans that wanted to offer their support to him on his website. You say you had no shortcomings, yet just reading your posts, I could come up with quite a few. I am sorry that you have regrets about your life, but that does not give you the right to be mean spirited and try to bring others who are doing something with their life down. I'm also sorry that you don't realize how foolish you sound by saying that John Zisa does need to impress you. Patti you are a 57 year old woman who lives in Port Lucie posting to a message board catered to the town she grew up in. Accept your past and move on with your life. So what, you feel you could sing well and wonder what could have happened with your life. Let the young people out there go for it without feeling the repercussions of your regrets. Remember... as you sign off on each post..."it is important to be nice!"

Offline midniteangel

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
    • RAINBOWWAVES
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2005, 11:37:46 AM »
again, you are not reading my posts correctly...you said, I'm also sorry that you don't realize how foolish you sound by saying that John Zisa does need to impress you....I'll try to make it a little clearer for you as you are obviously slow...I SAID, JOHN DOES "NOT" HAVE TO IMPRESS ME...got it now? You seem to be reading too much into my posts and haven't a clue what you are talking about...is a war you are looking for? well sorry, you already lost! I DO NOT WONDER WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY LIFE.....and my only regret is not persuing a carreer, period....I KNOW i would have made it, am verrrrrrrrrrry confident i would have made it and i have made it, just in a different way.... I sold over 75000 of my CDs and am quite happy with that....I take it that Simon irks you too? If ppl think he's bad, I should be a Judge....I guess you lie to ppl that suck? All you have really proven is that you are probably a brown noser and a person that can't be trusted. Listen, use your unwarranted anger elsewhere, on someone who gives a poop. You are barking up the wrong tree....and "I TOOK THE TIME" to visit Johns website just as i take the time to come here....now can we get back to the issue here....HACKENSACK!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now

anything