General Category > Hackensack Discussion

Hackensack University Medical Center

(1/3) > >>

Victor E Sasson:
The hospital that ate Hackensack scores a few points with critic:

http://thesassonreport.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-big-hospital-i-love-to-hate-scores.html

BLeafe:
FYI  - you CAN park for free at HUMC whether you're having a test done, a doctor's appointment or a procedure. If you park in their parking structure, you will always be given a pass in whatever office you're visiting. If they forget to give you one, ask. You may have to exchange the pass first at the front desk for something you can hand to the exit cashier. The handicap spaces on each floor are always nearest the elevators.

It's a different story if you're just visiting or addicted to valet parking, but if not, it's an easy walk. I've never paid to park there.

johnny g:
Chilton has free parking, as well as Holy Name. St Joseph's in Paterson also charges for parking. Come to think of it I've made too many hospital visits lately  :o

Victor E Sasson:
But visitors still are out of luck at Hackensack University Medical Center, I guess you are saying. Then, there is the factor of the medical center being so busy that going to one of the health providers is an ordeal. The main parking garage is always packed, and some areas were closed for renovation when I was there in January and February to go to a dermatologist. I had to go to the top deck to find a space. The hospital has four electric chargers for visitors in one garage, but when I tried to use one all were taken. Ten other electric chargers are reserved for doctors. Who is "addicted" to valet parking?

BLeafe:

--- Quote from: Victor E Sasson on March 22, 2019, 11:36:10 AM ---The main parking garage is always packed, and some areas were closed for renovation when I was there in January and February to go to a dermatologist. I had to go to the top deck to find a space. The hospital has four electric chargers for visitors in one garage, but when I tried to use one all were taken.
--- End quote ---

Top deck? So what? You still take the elevator and walk the same amount. And you're also complaining that the hospital doesn't automatically provide a free charger for your car along with the free parking? After charging your car at home in HACKENSACK, you need a charger after driving ALL THE WAY to Hackensack Hospital? What's that, a mile?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version