Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER project - Main St sidewalks (6-7-19 to 6-20-19)  (Read 242 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Currently, the sidewalk activity is confined to the east side of Main St in NOPASS (NOrth of PASSaic St) - specifically, between Passaic and Anderson).

6-7-19

Late that Friday afternoon, I noticed something unusual: some kind on monster saw vehicle being unloaded in front of 22 Ward, backed into the E municipal parking lot and parked across two spaces. Why was THAT thing there? I remembered meeting some surveyors in that lot a month or so prior. They told me they thought that the city planned on doing a major overhaul of the lot - something it really needs.

6-8-19

The next day, I took some pictures before the lot overhaul started.

6-10-19

By Monday, the vehicle was gone and no lot overhaul was begun.

6-12-19

A whole series of metered spaces closest to State St on the southern side of the lot was commandeered by a crew who dumped piles of crushed stone and left lots of construction equipment in those spaces. All this was right across the street from the entrance to the 389 Main site, but there didn't appear to be any connection between the two.

That was confirmed whenever any trucks came into that area of the lot, picked up or dropped off something and then headed south on State St.

I was walking up Passaic St from River St when I came upon the dug-up sidewalk in front of the YMCA and other businesses on that block - a project I hadn't heard about. I showed workers a picture of the saw vehicle and asked if that had dug up the sidewalks. It had.

It all started to make sense now. There really was no other place nearby to store piles of stone and needed vehicles other than the E lot - they just had to go around the block every time they needed something.

6-14-19

I went to Main & Ward to shoot some 389 Main images and saw that the sidewalk work had gotten started as far north as Ward. Back home, I took a couple of shots of the storage area and also made a video showing a truckload of stone being dumped.

6-17-19

This is a video of a small track vehicle clattering its way slowly down State St to go around the block to the sidewalks site.

6-19-19

At the storage area, a delivery of 15 space creatures was made. I have no idea what they are, but I'll bet somebody here does.............

6-20-19

We wrap up today's post the same way we started it (what's with this "we" stuff?): with the saw vehicle - this time, heading home. Had I known it was working that day, I would have headed right over to Main St. I'd like to see what this thing looks like in action.

More to follow.........

Click to enlarge.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:50:32 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Re: Yet ANOTHER project - Main St sidewalks (6-21-19 to 7-11-19)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »
6-21-19 (7)

1-7.  You'll see similar shots in this post showing different stages. #7 shows a spacebot (still don't know what they are) that's been identified as "Campbell".

6-22-19 (1)

8. New stuff in the E lot storage area for this project

6-23-19 (1)

9. Ditto

6-24-19 (2)

10. Spacebots lose an appendage (I think).

11. Spacebot gets a lift/Lyft.

6-26-19 (5)

12-16. Update from the Main/E. Ward vicinity

7-1-19 (1)

17. Truck-climbing at 7:07am

7-2-19 (2)

18,19. Updates

7-11-19 (1)

20. Spacebot heads for its final destination.

Click to enlarge (mainly the horizontal shots).

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:29:51 AM by BLeafe »
Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline irons35

• View Profile
Re: Yet ANOTHER project - Main St sidewalks (6-7-19 to 6-20-19)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
they are light post bases.