Author Topic: Explosion on Main Street  (Read 12479 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Explosion on Main Street
« on: August 21, 2004, 11:43:10 AM »
11:30 am, Saturday, August 21, 2004.

There was an explosion behind Main Camera/Paradise Liquors near 70 Main Street, about one block from the Courthouse. 

So far, no injuries are reported.  I understand there is some damage to the rear of the building, including many broken windows. 

Details are sketchy.  If anyone has any information about why or how this happened, please email me and/or call the Hackensack Police Dept: 201-646-7777.

Thank you.

Offline sayhey

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
Re: Explosion on Main Street
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 04:27:31 PM »
Is that the same location of the Mayor of Main St. store?

Friend of Bill

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 05:20:52 PM »
Yes, the explosion was in the rear of 73 Main Street- one of Bill's stores.
I heard the report of the radio earlier this afternoon and made an attempt to drive by. Lower Main Street was blocked by police.
Eleanor, Judy and family are still in shock from Bill's death and this is more suffering that they don't need.
The Channel 12 news at 5 had a brief report and we are all awaiting news that will bring an end to the DiLinardi's families suffering.
Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

ericmartindale

Re: Huge Explosion - Probably Not Terrorism
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 05:31:57 PM »
Main Street and Moore Streets are closed off between Court and Atlantic Streets. All residents living above the storefronts have been forced out of their homes. Merchants are not allowed to visit their homes to assess damage. Many windows are blown out from multiple properties. News media crews were there, and the place is swarming with police and fire personnel, including the city's crime scene unit and Sheriff's personnel. Teaneck Fire Dept also on the scene.

There was no fire, only a gigantic explosion. There are varies rumors, one is that the explosion was in a freezer/trailer to the rear of the Paradise Liquors, and the explosion blew through the store and broke store windows across the street. Another is that the explosion was in the building itself.

Since Bill DiLunbardi died there only weeks ago, rumors are swirling that the two events are connected. Everyone on the street is wondering if his death was a homicide and not a suicide.

Nobody was killed in the blast, and I didn't hear about any serious injuries. DiLunbardi's 10-year old daughter was home at the time, says partons of a nail salon that had to evacuate. Merchants are fearful that the events will hurt business by making downtown appear unsafe.

Fire Dept. personnel said the streets will be blocked off at least through the night. Sanzari company was there with giant spotlights to aid in the investigation through the night.

No doubt this will be huge news in the Sunday paper and it may be on television this evening. Latest word is that the explosion was not the work of Islamic terrorists.

Offline sayhey

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 06:09:39 PM »
I think a terrorist would want more bang for the buck then the lower half of Main St.  Terrorists want a grand stage with tons of death and something of importance to all Americans.  The location of the blast is important to us, but outside of Hackensack it doesn't really matter.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 06:45:45 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 06:50:13 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 09:55:43 AM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:03:46 AM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:15 AM »
Latest story in The Record: Refrigerator sparked Hackensack blast

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 06:47:59 PM »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »
What the...?

Hit-and-run vehicle smashes deli

If anyone knows anything about this, please call the Police: 201-646-7777. 

ericmartindale

Re: Third Attack --- time to air all conspiracy theories
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 03:50:06 PM »
OK, let's get this straight. First Bill DiLundardi dies mysteriously, and we're all told it was a suicide. Huge numbers of people don't believe it, including me. Then a short time later there is an explosion that devastates the property. We're told it was an accident and unconnected to his death. Now, even less people believe it. Even more people now believe that there is a deeper story here. Now, there is a THIRD disaster at the site, all in only a few months. A car or truck slams into the storefront, and penetrates so deep that countertops in the deli are destroyed. Hey folks, this is not a corner storefront. I could believe a sideswipe could happen to any storefront, even one mid-block like this deli, but a direct penetration like what happened the other day could only be a deliberate attack.

Is there anyone left who believes it's all a coincidence? We now have THREE violent events all at the same address, in a few short months. It's just too much to believe. The evidence seems to indicate that someone is really out to get that family, for God knows why. Even his death isn't stopping the attacks. Maybe he was killed by the same people who blew up his buildings and rammed the car. Or who knows, maybe Bill DiLundardi knew that people wanted to kill his family and destroy his property, so he killled himself to try to put an end to it all.  With a third incident, any doubts in my mind that it is all a coincidence have totally evaporated. I wonder if the FBI is looking at this case ?

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
Stranger things have happened.   Granted, it's unusual, but I think anyone that had the vendetta you suggest could find a far more efficient way to exact "revenge". 

The refrigerator/propane incident was a freak occurrence.  My guess is that the propane tank in the shipping container had always been leeking, but gas only accumulated to dangerous levels when no one was opening it regularly when the business lapsed after Bill passed.

As for the "direct hit" theory in the last post, I'd be willing to bet that someone was making a right turn off Bridge Street way too fast, slid on the ice and careened into the store. 

I don't think its fair to Bill or his family (including his young daughter) to unnecessarily cause panic.  The only reason why I placed the post was to help the Police generate some leads. 

If anyone knows anything about the incident, please call 201-646-7777.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 06:31:34 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

anything