Poll

What should be done with the committee?

It sould be dismantled
0 (0%)
It should be an elected office
0 (0%)
Elected office with non-conflict requirements.
1 (25%)
A professional executive position.
3 (75%)
It sould stay the same as is.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Hackensack Economic Development Committee  (Read 6361 times)

Offline Umberto Manobianco

• View Profile
Hackensack Economic Development Committee
« on: March 08, 2005, 03:41:40 PM »
Allegations or suggestions that the Hackansack Economic Development Committee has a potential of mismanagement and conflict of interests may or may not have any substantial fact which can be exhibited. However, certain aspects of its existence such as its inability to propel the city into any noteable changes in positive rateables, or attract any quality developers or investors may  lend credibility to claims that it is ineffective, and possibly a misrepresentation of any statement of purpose within so much as the title brings into mind.

It does not take much detective work to trace the membership of that committee to certain power brokers and questionable political maneuvers in the local and county governments as well as contract awards within the city and county. Less to say of certain contacts within the 16 year mayor and council  royal procession of feudal lordism which founded it.

It remains to be seen that the forthcoming dynasty which some say is hand-picked by sons of the  "manos-negros' (the old black hands) WHICH CAPPED THE FORMATIVE YEARS OF HACKENSACK GOVERNMENT OF THE 30'S THROUGH 60'S `will evolve as puppets of yet another on-clave of mezzo-soprano deals citizens cannot refuse.
One thing for certain is that the Meneses ticket will win because DeFalco has the spine of support.

It might be argued that such support hinges on Inserra, and Sansari all the way to Brooklyn, Queens and back.
The only way to ensure that citizens get the best America has to offer is to release this city from dirty hands and revamp the Economic Development Committee. The citizens have an obligation to save state federal dollars (and their city rateables)  by re-vamping the committee into an effective non-conflicting entity in the interests of justice.

It is this writer's opinion that the new Democratic Leadership of Hackensack may save themselves the embarasement of a Federal Investigation by dismantling the committee and cutting all ties made by the former Hackensack Government which may piose any conflict.

Offline Hackensack Jazz

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Hackensack Economic Development Committee
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:27:43 PM »
I don't feel that is a very objective presentation for a poll or an article. It is poorly written as well. If you took the time to read it a few times you may have gotten some replies. You might think of rewriting it with objective pros and cons. Maybe then I'll vote in your poll. Even the County Seat has enough smarts to formulate bias without detection. At least your honest. I'll give you that much.  - Jazz

Offline Steve

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
jezz jazz, who peed in your cereal bowl? I haven't seen so much negativity since...actually, I have never seen so much negativity in one day of posting!!!

If I was editor you would have a -1 karma!!!

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 11:10:41 AM »

anything