Author Topic: Karma Rating  (Read 7309 times)

Offline itsme

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Karma Rating
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:53:42 AM »
As you can see, I just posted the previous message.  I am a little confused by the Karma rating since I was the only member on line at the time I posted it and am the only one on line now a few minutes later and my Karma rating is -21.  My understanding of the ratings is individuals are allowed to make comments by hitting the clap or boo next to the comment.  What 21 members were there reviewing this the instant I commented.  None are logged on as yet.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Karma Rating
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:40:24 AM »
The karma feature was disabled due to apparent abuses or a glitch in the system.

For the record, my karma was -15.  This is crazy because I rarely have any opinions at all and simply post "latest stories".

Previously, a member had to wait 2 hours before debiting and crediting karma.  It seems one or two members would make it point to simply take away karma without any rhyme or reason. 

Maybe I'll re-introduce it at a later time. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 07:00:04 PM by Editor »

Offline itsme

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »
Thank you for explaining the system and its glitch.  I thought the ratings were crazy also.

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:39:14 PM »
Perhaps the system does work and people are just showing their feelings.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 12:47:51 AM »
Funny:  "Devil" had +35:  By far,  the highest one on the boards.

Okay.  Let's experiment.  I'll turn it on again.  If in a week or so, if it seems allright, I'll keep it on. 

USE KARMA SPARINGLY.

Only add karma if you really think someone made a valuable contribution to the discussion.  Do not add karma simply because you happen to agree with someone on some minor point.

Take karma points if you think someone was spiteful, mean-spirited or overly antagonistic.  Don't take karma away simply because you disagree with someone.

I'm resetting everyone to 0.  (Sorry Devil).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 12:49:23 AM by Editor »

Offline devil

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 11:13:46 PM »
Like I previously said, the karma system does work. If someone has a negative karma rating it is because the readers do not agree with that person. Maybe that person should get the point.

anything