General Category > Hackensack Discussion

Blue law exceptions (Can sell on Sunday)

<< < (2/7) > >>

Hackensack Jazz:
Cool topic Ed, generally speaking Blue Laws are uncool. There ain't no laws for the blues 'cept you gotta be true to the blues red and white & black in print for ALL colors. What I mean Swami, is it's a constitutional oversight. Sunday is Christian Based Closing and I could dig that. But I am a first a Jew and second a Christian and I am Muslim Too. I do not dig that crazy law because it is as sorry as the wrong flag at the county courthouse in the 18's if you know what I mean. Town's-people have to decide by vote how applied. Me I sell what I want on Sunday because I open on Sunday in observance of any Jewish Patrons. I open on Saturday in in observance in Christ. Just as I would allow free time for Public school to allow children to pray. Blue laws, nothin! That gives me the blues! Too many laws interfere with life and liberty. - Jazz

Editor:
A new shade of blue law (Shops at Riverside will be open on Sunday)

(Thanks "itsamike" for fixing the broken link)

BEANIENJ:
If blue laws for Hackensack exclude the sale of books, why is it that Costco ropes off their books on Sundays? Are they uninformed or is this a choice that they have made.

Also, I don't remember if Womrath book store was allowed to be open on Sunday. Can anyone confirm this for me?

itsme:
Womrath's Book Store was open on Sundays during the Christmas Holiday Season.  If I recall, the hours were from 12 to 5.   I worked there as a young adult.

Editor:
Latest story:  This year, the calm before the calm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version