Author Topic: Packards Memories/Pictures I found in City Hall Basement  (Read 32993 times)

Rosie

Re: Packards Memories/Pictures I found in City Hall Basement
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 11:42:07 AM »
Thank you, Barry, for the info on the Freedom Train.  I remember it being in Hackensack but was too young to know what it was all about.  I wanted my mom to take me on the "white train" & wondered why I never saw it again.

Offline zanne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 09:28:18 PM »
My mother worked at Packards.  I remember going there often.  Mr Packards chauffeur (Lacey?) used to put me on his shoulders and walk me around.  One of my mother’s friends was in charge of the clothing section upstairs.  The rest of her friends were cashiers up front.
I remember the snack area where you could get a hot dog on a poppy seed bun with neon green relish.
There was a liquor dept near the front on the left side (if you were looking from the outside).
They also used to sell child-sized loaves of bread.  My mother worked in that little cashier booth near the meat dept.   I loved that place.  Mr Packard was really ahead of his time.
My memories are from approx 1951/52 till approx 1956/57.  I was very little but still have these memories. 😊

Offline dpowers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2021, 07:20:19 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew if the concrete/stone panels at the entrances to Packards were saved when the building was torn down.  They were beautiful and I hope that they were preserved somewhere.  Does anyone remember them?

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2021, 12:52:27 PM »
Sorry, I'm just seeing that this picture was waiting for post approval.  My bad.

anything