General Category > Hackensack History

Old Judge/Giaquinto's

(1/2) > >>

skyblueeyes:
Does anyone know approx what month and year the Old Judge closed in Hackensack?

Editor:
It was probably located on Vreeland and Taylor or Chestnut.  I'm told it closed sometime in the 90's.  Does anyone remember this place or exactly when it closed?

Johnny M:
The ‘Old Judge’ was a tavern/restaurant spanning several generations located on the corner of Vreeland and Philips Ave in South Hackensack.  Known especially for their thin crust pizza, many community groups had their gatherings there.  I can still remember the friendly waitress bringing a piping hot pizza and a cold pitcher of draft root beer.

In the late ‘80’s or early ‘90’s it was sold and the business carried on for several more years until the property was sold, the ‘Old Judge’ was demolished and now several two-family homes occupy the lot.

midniteangel:
I remember it well......great place...one of my families fav place for pizza and a family friend was the waitress there a long time. Joe Pesci used to hang out there as well.

Steve:
The Old Judge became Giaquintos for years. I used to crave the pizza badly. Now you can find the pizza at Tony G's in south hackensack. Tony G is Anthony Giaquinto, son of Mary Rose who used to run Giaquintos. I think his wife even ran for Mayor recently.

As I understand it, they have the same cooks that made the thin crust pizza at old judge and giaquintos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version