Author Topic: Old Judge/Giaquinto's  (Read 18109 times)

Offline skyblueeyes

• View Profile
Old Judge/Giaquinto's
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:14:55 AM »
Does anyone know approx what month and year the Old Judge closed in Hackensack?

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: The Old Judge
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
It was probably located on Vreeland and Taylor or Chestnut.  I'm told it closed sometime in the 90's.  Does anyone remember this place or exactly when it closed?

Offline Johnny M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »
The ‘Old Judge’ was a tavern/restaurant spanning several generations located on the corner of Vreeland and Philips Ave in South Hackensack.  Known especially for their thin crust pizza, many community groups had their gatherings there.  I can still remember the friendly waitress bringing a piping hot pizza and a cold pitcher of draft root beer.

In the late ‘80’s or early ‘90’s it was sold and the business carried on for several more years until the property was sold, the ‘Old Judge’ was demolished and now several two-family homes occupy the lot.

Offline midniteangel

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
    • RAINBOWWAVES
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 04:02:30 AM »
I remember it well......great place...one of my families fav place for pizza and a family friend was the waitress there a long time. Joe Pesci used to hang out there as well.
Honesty is like a breath of fresh air!

Offline Steve

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
The Old Judge became Giaquintos for years. I used to crave the pizza badly. Now you can find the pizza at Tony G's in south hackensack. Tony G is Anthony Giaquinto, son of Mary Rose who used to run Giaquintos. I think his wife even ran for Mayor recently.

As I understand it, they have the same cooks that made the thin crust pizza at old judge and giaquintos.

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Old Judge/Giaquinto's
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »
As a former Hackensack/ South Hackensack resident I found this board while searching for info on the establishment named above. Does anyone have pics of the place, or at least the old signs? And does anyone remember the milk vending machine outside the place?
Thanks!

Offline mikec

• View Profile
Re: Old Judge/Giaquinto's
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
That was a great milk machine milk always tasted better and chilled

Offline johnny g

• View Profile
Re: Old Judge/Giaquinto's
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »
It did...summer memories of the four quarters giving me a half gallon to make my cereal with haha