Author Topic: hackensack taxpayers ascocaiton  (Read 4765 times)

Beatrice Peterson

hackensack taxpayers ascocaiton
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:34 PM »
I always be hearing that the hackensack taxpayers are gettin involved with this and that in the city and I'd like to join them.  I'm gettin up there in my age and I don't be thinking that our older voices are always heard.  does anyone know where there meetins are? or when there at?  I don't drive right now but I could get me a ride from my daughter Yvonne maybe.  please help me with this and I thank you.

ericmartindale

Re: hackensack taxpayers ascocaiton
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
I'm glad you are interested in getting involved with the community.  I wish there were much more people who would.

You choice of organizations though, is amusing. Why do you think that volunteering for that organization is the right match for you?  It's hard to believe that the name of an organization alone would serve to draw out volunteers.

The Hackensack Taxpayer's Association has contributed nothing of value to the City of Hackensack and is working on no initiatives for the betterment of it's residents. They are a bunch of political wanna-bees and professional complainers.  They are at war with the Mayor & Council on every single issue, in fact you can always know the position of the Hackensack Taxpayer's Association because it is always the opposite of the city administration. Please, don't waste you time with them.

If you would like to get involved with the community, here's a couple of suggestions for volunteering: (1) the Hackensack Riverkeeper organization (2) Hackensack University Medical Center, or (3) contact city hall and ask for Charlotte Paney (4) contact the Bergen County Volunteers Organization at the First Presbyterian Church.

Even volunteering at one of the city's homeless shelters would be preferrable to the Hackensack Taxpayers Association.